Isp Upload Compression

noahvail

Hi all,

I'm in Issan, and ToT is the ISP. I did a speed test using dslreports, mainly because I like to know if my 2Kb/s service has gotten to running faster than dial-up. :D After running the first test, I got this message:

Warning: ISP upload compression was detected. Your upload speeds may be inaccurate.

I have no idea what this means. ISP upload compression? Your upload speeds may be inaccurate? Does that mean that they're slower than the godawful slow (not speed) numbers it shows? :)

Love to have an idea of the meaning from one of you. Thanks much.

• 2 weeks later...

i only found this thread by googling "isp upload compression"

i am on samui and pay tot for a 4mb down speed and have been getting results from 28-200kb/s. yes, that is kb/s.

i have been using dslreports for speed tests to various servers over the last week and just received this "WARNING:isp upload compression" today.

haven't been able to find any conclusive results or information regarding this warning message. plenty of others around the world are getting the same thing recently.

i only found this thread by googling "isp upload compression"

i am on samui and pay tot for a 4mb down speed and have been getting results from 28-200kb/s. yes, that is kb/s.

i have been using dslreports for speed tests to various servers over the last week and just received this "WARNING:isp upload compression" today.

haven't been able to find any conclusive results or information regarding this warning message. plenty of others around the world are getting the same thing recently.

Take look Upload Compression