Specialized Bikes

pampal

I saw the new Specialized bike shop yesterday and it's got a good selection of bikes.

THAILAND

SPORT BICYCLE CO., LTD

968 U Chu Liang Building

Floor 8 Room A1

Rama IV Road, Silom Bangrak Bangkok 10500

Tahiland

Tel: +66 2 687 5159

Thanks for the information. Do they stock road bikes as-well as mountain bikes ?

Specialized do some very nice road bikes at the moment. :)

Best Regards

Mr Conrad

They have a number of different road bikes and related accessories.

Check it out! :D

Whereabouts on Rama IV is this particular shop???... I don't recognize the name of that building....

On Rama IV just past Silom, it's next to the HSBC Bangkok Branch. There is also a Fuji Japanese restaurant there.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw the new Specialized bike shop yesterday and it's got a good selection of bikes.

THAILAND

SPORT BICYCLE CO., LTD

968 U Chu Liang Building

Floor 8 Room A1

Rama IV Road, Silom Bangrak Bangkok 10500

Tahiland

Tel: +66 2 687 5159

Thanks for sharing the address, do you know if they have a good service dept?

I haven't used their repair facilities, so I cannot give you an answer.

I found and stopped by the other day the Bike Zone shop in the Amarin Plaza center, which is located between the Siam/Central and Chidlom BTS stations. The shop is located on the 2nd floor, in what the center calls it's "Outdoor Unlimited Zone," which basically is to the back rear and left as you enter from the Skytrain walkway.

They sell new and used bikes, and various accessories and clothing items. Likewise, they have a service department, and I saw their service price menu that offered all the expected/needed things, up to and including an overall tuneup service that I believe was priced at 500 baht.

post-53787-1255603453_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1255603462_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1255603470_thumb.jpg

Thx for the pics JF.

I visited that shop about a year ago and I bought some Sweetskinz tires from Fausto. He's a really nice guy and is Venezuelan. I am glad to see they have more bikes for sale now, when I visited they had 3 or 4 bikes only.

I was in Bangkok after a long absence and stumbled upon Fausto's shop while exploring my old haunts. I found him quite personable and easy to talk with. Obviously one is better served if he is there. For me it is still more practical to stick with Northern Bike up here in the Rai.

Just for the record, I don't have any depth of experience, or relationship, with the Bike Zone shop...I've been there once.

People here kept referring to it as that shop in Amarin Plaza, but no one that I saw had mentioned the name or any detail. So after I went there searching and found it, I figured I'd post the details here so others would know.

The day I was there, Fausto was there, and I did buy a couple of small accessory items from him, and we talked a bit. I asked, and he assured me, they could get replacement spokes and tires and such for my 27 inch Schwinn World Sport, which I was happy to hear.

He was the only staff person in the shop when I stopped by early afternoon on a weekday. But it was nice that he had a laminated card showing all their different service options and the prices associated with each one... right there on the counter, easy to see.

Amarin Plaza, with its focus on designer clothing type stuff, seems a strange place to pick for a bike shop. But as I mentioned above, it is part of an outdoor themed section there on the second floor... And it's close to where I live, making it convenient.

PS - Does anyone know any more about the bike shop that people used to talk about in the vicinity of Bumrungrad Hospital... Name...still there... and open???

Maybe I'll answer my own question....

Here's the place that used to be... Is this the same place that now is located off of Suk Soi 26 near Rama IV???

ThaiCannasia

The Cannondale Center (Thaicannasia), Bangkok is centrally located on Sukhumvit Soi 3, near Bamrungrad Hospital. They are the Exclusive Dealer for the full range of Cannondale Bikes, Clothing and Accessories as well as Mavic & ZIPP Wheels, Giro Helmets, the usual range of accessories and much more.

Yes JF it is the same Cannondale ppl, I believe they moved last year. The Thai lady that runs the shop is very nice and they have an excellent service dept. but their Cannondale bikes are too pricey for me.

The owner I believe his name is Chris is also a very nice guy and is mostly in Singapore, they also have a shop there. I bought alot of accessories from them over the last 5 years. Good selection of parts and accessories.

Pampal, re the Cannondale shop, although they obviously sell Cannondale bikes, can I assume that they are willing to service any/other models... not just Cannondale???

Yes JF it is the same Cannondale ppl, I believe they moved last year. The Thai lady that runs the shop is very nice and they have an excellent service dept. but their Cannondale bikes are too pricey for me.

The owner I believe his name is Chris is also a very nice guy and is mostly in Singapore, they also have a shop there. I bought alot of accessories from them over the last 5 years. Good selection of parts and accessories.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all info on bike shops.

Sorry to impose, it seemed relevant but I will start a new blog also.

I'm looking for 2 used road bikes ASAP. I can pick up from anywhere in Thailand or arrange delivery - cah is waiting.

Ideal sizes will be between 54cm and 58cm for both.

Thanks in advance for any help or information.

Lee

:)