Rain

gotlost

After the hottest week of the year, we have cool drizzle this morning after a night of thunderstorms in the area. Not much rain from the storms, but the thunder, lightning, and wind was quite impressive. Not enough rain to say the drought is over, but is certainly is refreshing.

After the hottest week of the year, we have cool drizzle this morning after a night of thunderstorms in the area. Not much rain from the storms, but the thunder, lightning, and wind was quite impressive. Not enough rain to say the drought is over, but is certainly is refreshing.

Lots of rain for the second night/morning here in Saraphi. The weed shoot out the soil. Altough I can stand the heat very well, I love this weather after a long dry period.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what's going on with the Underground Aquifers in the Chiang Mai-Lamphun Basin?

They're being pumped. Whether the amount being pumped out is sustainable, I've no idea. But I hope so. Where I live the farmers pump to fill their rice fields during the dry season.

Thank you for replying to the question. I have searched around for reliable information about this and have found a few gov studies. I do not think it matters which country you live in now, it is all just boiling down to one thing, water resources and sustainability of water usage and water planning. This has become a huge issue in north east China. But I am not very familiar with the situation in this Chiang Mai area.

One way to tell what's up, I guess, might be to judge by the energy usage/consumption on farms over time, to power pumps.

I also do not see much fresh produce that relies on heavy irrigation such as fruit trees.

All this is a guess because I am no expert. But I remain very interested in the subject because I am a consumer.

Yes! Again with the power failure for about 20 seconds, hardly long enough to rev up my flashlight.

Now the elevator is out for lunch,

The electric continues to flicker.

What is happening?

Just a bit of rain and a breath of wind is all.

What would happen if we had a Super Typhoon?

We'd all be blown to the land of OZ, no doubt.

You can see the bright lights of a few transformers in the distance going nuts and arcing.

I'm going back to my Bach.

The wind is howling like a banshee here south of town. Things are getting tossed about badly. Thought the roof was going to take off. And power out again. Unnerving seeing the trees blown so hard

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Does anyone have a link to the radar? It would make it so much easier to see this stuff, rather than just looking out my window.

Have been on www.AccuWeather.com I think its a bit hit and miss but the best I could find.

Satellite and radar from http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=2 everybody else uses these.

Yes, but as said before Lamphun has not updated since the 25th of last month.

Chiang Rai updates every half hour but for some reason I preferred the Lamphun images.

On a similar tack Chiang Mai airport does not seem to be updating flightradar24 any more - all the planes disappear as they approach us.

• Like 1

With an incredible increase in frog activity around our house last night, during welcome steady rain, I would say the rainy season has officially arrived. far better indicator than any forecaster smile.png