Hoover In Ubonratchathani?

OldgitTom

I need a vacuum cleaner. The curtains are covered with dead insect life. I want one of those upright models with a transparent plastic muck cylinder you take off & empty when it is full. I don't want to mess with changing paper bags. Looked around Ubon, but all I see are those things you pull around the floor like a dog on a lead. Not married, & last maid was a klepto. Any ideas, any Ubon (Mai Mee town) stores keep uprights? Old Git Tom

If you are looking for a western style upright vacuum (mistakenly called a "Hoover" by all folks British) forget it. I have looked all over, for over one year. A person might assume that you could find one in BKK, but you would be mistaken. No luck at Emporium, Siam Paragon, Central, Central World, etc. I have even inquired at fancy hotels & office buildings as to where they get theirs to clean carpets, & they all look at me like I am from Pluto.

You can get a canister type vacuum which you pull around on the floor behind you at any appliance shop or Tesco. They have lots of suction, but there is no model that has a "beater bar" or a rotating brush in the suction head for cleaning rugs and carpets.

The closest you will find to an upright here, is a battery powered/rechargeable unit that is nothing more than a "Dustbuster" hand held vacuum that clips into a stand up housing. It's called a 2 in 1 or 3 in 1, I don't remember which. It is totally useless as you can feel no suction at the business end what so ever. Also it's dramatically overpriced at 6000 Bt plus.

If you want a proper upright vacuum with a rotating brush for carpet, you will have to have a friend send you one from Oz or the UK. I did find a distributor for Hoover Vacuum Cleaners in Malaysia on the internet, but they obviously have to much business (& life is too good) for them to respond to my e-mail request to purchase their product.

Good luck...If you find one, like a Hoover or Dyson, please PM me as I would like one myself. My housekeeper is tired of rolling up the dog hair from the rugs in our home with a rubber flip flop.

Edited by Tagaa

If you are looking for a western style upright vacuum (mistakenly called a "Hoover" by all folks British) forget it. I have looked all over, for over one year. A person might assume that you could find one in BKK, but you would be mistaken. No luck at Emporium, Siam Paragon, Central, Central World, etc. I have even inquired at fancy hotels & office buildings as to where they get theirs to clean carpets, & they all look at me like I am from Pluto.

You can get a canister type vacuum which you pull around on the floor behind you at any appliance shop or Tesco. They have lots of suction, but there is no model that has a "beater bar" or a rotating brush in the suction head for cleaning rugs and carpets.

The closest you will find to an upright here, is a battery powered/rechargeable unit that is nothing more than a "Dustbuster" hand held vacuum that clips into a stand up housing. It's called a 2 in 1 or 3 in 1, I don't remember which. It is totally useless as you can feel no suction at the business end what so ever. Also it's dramatically overpriced at 6000 Bt plus.

If you want a proper upright vacuum with a rotating brush for carpet, you will have to have a friend send you one from Oz or the UK. I did find a distributor for Hoover Vacuum Cleaners in Malaysia on the internet, but they obviously have to much business (& life is too good) for them to respond to my e-mail request to purchase their product.

Good luck...If you find one, like a Hoover or Dyson, please PM me as I would like one myself. My housekeeper is tired of rolling up the dog hair from the rugs in our home with a rubber flip flop.

Thanks folks. 'Washable' crap bags I will not soil my hands on. Looks like I'm buggered. Old Git