Funny Things

penzman

Here's a few funny things I saw the local cable company techs do while watching tv.

1- Towards the end of the movie, fast forwards it so that it ends by 11:00 so the next movie can start on time. :D

2- Starts the movie on time but chose the wrong option in the DVD's menu and plays the Behind The Scenes part :o and never notices since he sees the Thai subtitles on the bottom of the screen...

3- Cuts out the English movie halfway through so he has a screen on which he can update the Thai channel's movie listing using MS Excel. :D

4- Their DVD player freezes 20 minutes after the movie started but only notices when it's time for the next movie. :D

5- Forgets to start the scheduled movie and plays music with eye candy while showing us his amazing Winamp skills :D

6- Movie plays and mentions, "If you bought or rented this movie, please call.. (1-800-GOT4FREE)

7-You extend your arm to move your wife blocking the view but suddenly realize it's someone else's shadow from when the movie was illegaly copied in a movie theatre. (You need Chang to accomplish this one.)

TiT, gotta love these things. Any funny ones you've seen as well?

I know, I know, UBC...

The first experience I had with VCDs was when we had some sent to us in New Zealand. I was quite popular having the new Star Wars movie before it had been released in theatres. The sound was pretty lousy, but it was very entertaining watching people's heads move across the screen every time someone sitting in front of the cameraman got up to go to the bathroom.

It's not just Thais that are cable geniuses........

Years ago our local cable company in Winnipeg used to have a continuously looping instructional video playing that showed you how to hook up your cable box step by step.

Unfortunately they showed it on channel 29 which could only be accessed by a cable box :o . It took them months to figure it out and move it back to channel 7. :D

Winnipeg... Sounds like a cheap contest for pirates.

They just did a Simpsons episode that took place in Winnipeg, as they drove up to the city there was a sign reading, "Welcome to Winnipeg. We were born here, what's your excuse?"

cv