Worldwide Broadband Report

DumbFalang

57th???

I'm amazed it's that high on the list. They must have grabbed their statistics during a particularly good period. I would have guessed that Thailand was somewhere around 100th (or worse).

And how many years ago did those idiots in the government say that Thailand is quickly gearing up to be the telecommunications hub of Asia? :):D :D

Edited by Beacher

So, with South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore near the top of some categories, and Taiwan and Vietnam as big movers (forward), this doesn't bode well for the Land of Hubs...

To be fair, I do have decent service at home in Bkk (3 m/:) and at work in Bkk (many m/:D. I'm rarely, if ever, let down by my service provider though True (at home) reduces at peak times due to their 'overloading'. Compared to my parents who live in Spain (max 800 k/:D we're doing well.

I am currently downloading a 200Mb file at speeds between 4 and 14Kcs. The download monitor tells me it will take between 4 and 14 hours. 57th? What are the rest of the world doing? Carrying letters in forked sticks?

Only 56 beter places to get broadband :) I'm surprised it isn't a lot more. Whenever I suffer broadband woes I try to remember the HOURS I have spent on the phone trying desperately to talk to somebody at BT who spoke English as their third language. Spending days waiting for the Engineer to turn up and they never did, all at the cost of a days pay, and being billed for services you have neither asked for or had. Here though I don't do stress. No internet OH dear never mind lets go to the beach. Had TOT in a few places and as much as I could never praise it I can't bash it either. Mai Pen rai as they say :D

The 2nd page of the report says data from 66 countries where used in the analysis. So a 57th place is for sure not good enough to become the IT hub of Asia.

But then again, it's always nice to have a dream......

Edited by Prasert

It's not surprising at all. The government cannot even manage to license G3 before everyone else goes to G4. This government is TOO busy witch hunting to take care of business. Pathetic to say the least.