Which Is The Best Irish Pub In Chiangmai?

sparticus

IRELAND

Is there one named "Ireland"? :)

AFAIK theres 2 in CM, but Im not an expert in drinking Guinness.

OMalleys in Anusan Market

UN Irish Pub on Ratchawithi

as to which is best, hmm same same imo :D

Edited by Donnyboy

The U.N. Irish Pub would be my recommendation.

The Olde Bell is more of an English pub (run by a Taffy) but serves a good pint of the black stuff.

. . . if only the old Laughing Leprechaun were still going, that was, without doubt, the best pint of Guinness I've had in Asia - something to do with how well the pipes are kept clean I believe, no giggling at the back please.

JxP

Edited by JuniorExPat

• 2 weeks later...

I'd vouch that the food and general atmosphere in O'Malleys is rather better than UN. However I was surprised when I went there the first time, to discover that there appears to be no Irish connection at all. The owner, I'm reliably told, is a Canadian! So does that technically make it a non Irish bar?

Now... there's a thought... what exactly is the required ingredient to make a bar "Irish"?

I'd vouch that the food and general atmosphere in O'Malleys is rather better than UN. However I was surprised when I went there the first time, to discover that there appears to be no Irish connection at all. The owner, I'm reliably told, is a Canadian! So does that technically make it a non Irish bar?

Now... there's a thought... what exactly is the required ingredient to make a bar "Irish"?

To make a bar truly Irish you must have a bunch of fun loving drunken Irishman. I have had many of pint and a taste of the Irish with them and I'm not Irish well my mothers median name was Riley.

Just gotta add this..."apologies to any real Irishmen in CM...

Paddy and Mick are walking down a street in London . Paddy happens to look in one of the shop windows and sees a sign that catches his eye.

The sign said: "Suits £5.00 each, Shirts £2.00 each, Trousers £2.50 per pair".

Paddy says to his pal, "Mick, look! We could buy a whole lot of dose, And when we get back to Ireland we could make a fortune.

Now when we go into the shop, you be quiet, OK? Just let me do all the talking, cause if they hear our accent, they might not be nice to us.

I'll speak in my best English accent."

"Roight y'are, Paddy, I'll keep me mouth shut, so I will," replies Mick.

They go in and Paddy says, "I'll take 50 suits at £5.00 each, 100 shirts at £2.00 each and 50 pairs of trousers at £2.50 each.

I'll back up my van and..."

The owner of the shop interrupts. "You're from Ireland , aren't you?"

"Well... Yes," says a surprised Paddy. "How der hel_l d' y' know dat?"

The owner replied, "This is a dry cleaners."

Edited by john b good

To make a bar truly Irish you must have a bunch of fun loving drunken Irishman. I have had many of pint and a taste of the Irish with them and I'm not Irish well my mothers median name was Riley.

What an idea! Supposin' all the Irish ex-pats here were to organise a get-together over some of the oul' black stuff to celebrate Loy Kraton in their own special way? There'd be more than fruit boats and candles floating down the river eh?

What an idea! Supposin' all the Irish ex-pats here were to organise a get-together over some of the oul' black stuff to celebrate Loy Kraton in their own special way? There'd be more than fruit boats and candles floating down the river eh?

I'LL toast a pint to that. :):D

The U.N. Irish Pub would be my recommendation.

The Olde Bell is more of an English pub (run by a Taffy) but serves a good pint of the black stuff.

. . . if only the old Laughing Leprechaun were still going, that was, without doubt, the best pint of Guinness I've had in Asia - something to do with how well the pipes are kept clean I believe, no giggling at the back please.

JxP

RIP Laughing Leprechaun