Chavalit Now Pheu Thai Member

webfact

Chavalit now Pheu Thai member

Former prime minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh has become a member of the opposition Pheu Thai Party effectively ending his retirement.

"I have decided to resume my political activities because I can no longer allow the unprecedented social divisions to persist," he said Friday following the filing of his party membership.

Accompanied by about 20 supporters, Chavalit went to the party headquarters to complete the paperwork for membership application.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/02

Isn't this the same guy who openly announced in the press after his election as prime minister "who cares how long I will be on the job,if I can stay on for 6 months I have reached my goal".

It was during his election that the herald tribune had an article about the money he spend for his election and if I recall it correctly it was 3.2 BILLION baht.

Do I have to say more as to what he has in mind this time.

I also think this is connected to his recently being charged for Oct 7th,

with Somchai and the ex-Police Chief. He needs some more leverage to

not become toast instead of retired.

He ONLY retired after the Oct 7 debacle, and un-retires when it wouldn't go away.

He needs friends here right now. And maybe hopes Thaksin can pull off a turn around,

and the likelihood of most other parties wanting him is pretty small.

Of course wasn't he also the PPP Health Minster siding with

the Chinese vs the Thai children's health in the tainted powdered milk scandal last year?

Why yes, I believe so.

Protect China from problems so the gravy train keeps on,

and who cares about the poor kids, his grand kids get real milk.

Edited by animatic

I also think this is connected to his recently being charged for Oct 7th,

with Somchai and the ex-Police Chief. He needs some more leverage to

not become toast instead of retired.

He ONLY retired after the Oct 7 debacle, and un-retires when it wouldn't go away.

He needs friends here right now. And maybe hopes Thaksin can pull off a turn around,

and the likelihood of most other parties wanting him is pretty small.

the Chinese vs the Thai children's health in the tainted powdered milk scandal last year?

Why yes, I believe so.

The leverage thing is surely one if not the major reason. Considering also that virtually everything he has touche din the public domain has gont to %^&* he may also be genuine when he says he would like to bring about national reconcilliatio. That would leave him a legacy that was positive where as Ban Rhom Khlao, finacial implosion, Oct 7 and some of the wifes antics dont do so. However, there is national reconcilliation where there is give and take and there is national reconcilliation mainstream PTP style which ifs just forgive Thaksin.

In every current polticla move we also need to factor in the context of a bigger change at some point too.

Actually the Democrats should be happy about his wifes decision to make him a politician and Taxin party member again because it will not take long for him to make something stupid again.The generals joining him are probably his subordinates during his stunt as army chief the ones who called him the Brain.

Chavalit has a lot of clout in Isan, but I don't think it all belongs to him personally - he's got some bright and capable people around him, the man himself is senile. While Chavalit might have jumped on the chance to hit back for being indicted, his aides probably have been far happier to be back in the game, wheeling and dealing.

NAP was the biggest party in parliament in its heyday, now it doesn't even exist. Sure the old hands feel the itch from time to time.

Chalerm says Chavalit's presence should boost Pheu Thai's strength

Chalerm Yoobamrung, the chairman of Pheu Thai Party MPs, Saturday expressed confidence that former prime minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh could help boost the party's strength.

Chalerm said he was glad that Chavalit had joined the party and he was happy to work with Chavalit agin.

"With Chavalit working for the Pheu Thai, the party's strength will be enhanced," Chalerm said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/03

Chalerm... Chavalit... What's that old saying about birds of a feather? :)

If you want to know what sort of person Chavalit is, ask some of the old timers here about his deals with Pol Pot.

And the rather unfortunate effect those deals had on the Thai military during a border skirmish with Laos

Chalerm... Chavalit... What's that old saying about birds of a feather? :D

If you want to know what sort of person Chavalit is, ask some of the old timers here about his deals with Pol Pot.

...and not to forget..

On 14 May and 15 May 1997, the Thai baht was hit by massive speculative attacks. On 30 June 1996, Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh said that he would not devalue the baht.

-wiki-

what makes one wonder is the circumstances regarding him resign form Government...

Gen Chavalit quit in disgust, citing the police's use of force as the main reason.The real reason, however, was that Chavalit felt betrayed by Somchai and, perhaps, London-based Thaksin Shinawatra.

Source:

and some interesting if not after all, rather wicked intertwining connections..

On 15 August 1997, Thaksin became Deputy Prime Minister in Chavalit Yongchaiyudh's government, after the Thai Baht was floated and devalued on 2 July 1997, sparking the Asian Financial Crisis. He held the position for only 3 months, leaving on November 14 when Chavalit resigned.

During a censure debate on 27 September 1997, Democrat Suthep Thaugsuban accused Thaksin of profiting from insider information about the government's decision to float the Baht.[46], but the next Democrat party-led government did not investigate the accusations.

During this period, Thaksin also served on the Asia Advisory Board of the Washington D.C. based Carlyle Group until he resigned upon becoming Prime Minister in 2001

-wiki-

...and wasn't Mr.Thaksin Minister for Transport & Telecomunications in Chavalits Government once too?

ah well... at least sure "old friends"... who knows, whats up next.. :) this will go on forever it seems.

During this period, Thaksin also served on the Asia Advisory Board of the Washington D.C. based Carlyle Group

The Thaksin connections around the devaluation period are more than clear.

But this little nugget is most interesting,

Carlyle Group has some serious Bush family connections,

no doubt he was hoping to ride their coattails to bigger influence,

and a Brown-noser in Chief fits him perfectly.

If you see Thaksin just about creaming himself with that Coup Leader General

putting an arm around him for a photo op. you can imagine him easily doing

everything possible to please the REAL big boys below...

http://www.carlyle.com

Firm Profile

The Carlyle Group is one of the world's largest private equity firms, with more than $86.1 billion under management. With 64 funds across four investment disciplines (buyouts, growth capital, real estate and leveraged finance), Carlyle combines global vision with local insight, relying on a top-flight team of 475+ investment professionals operating out of offices in 20 countries to uncover superior opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East/North Africa and Latin America.

While open to opportunities wherever they can be found, Carlyle focuses on sectors in which it has demonstrated expertise: aerospace & defense, automotive & transportation, consumer & retail, energy & power, financial services, healthcare, industrial, infrastructure, real estate, technology & business services and telecommunications & media.

ON THE OTHER HAND it is also the Ex presidents Club

http://www.hereinreality.com/carlyle.html

George Bush, Sr.

Former US President and Vice President Former Director of the CIA

Frank Carlucci,

Former Secretary of Defense and Deputy Director of the CIA

George Baker

Secretary of State and Sec. of Treasury

Frank Darman

White House Budget Advisor Bush / Clinton Administrations

Fidel Ramos

Former President of the Philippines

John Major

Former British Prime Minister

Updates:

James Baker Defending Saudis against 9-11 Families' Lawsuit

MSNBC

Government of Abu Dhabi Buys $1.3 Billion Carlyle Share

Financial Times

James Baker appointed envoy in charge of restructuring Iraq's debt

CNN

Carlyle Groups in Talks to Sell 10% Stake to Chinese Government

London Times

It is hard to imagine an address closer to the heart of American power. The offices of the Carlyle Group are on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC, midway between the White House and the Capitol building, and within a stone's throw of the headquarters of the FBI and numerous government departments. The address reflects Carlyle's position at the very center of the Washington establishment, but amid the frenetic politicking that has occupied the higher reaches of that world in recent weeks, few have paid it much attention. Elsewhere, few have even heard of it...

Hard to imagine Thaksin not being a moth to this flame.

Not hard to imagine he also did what he could to further his would be friends interests in Thailand also.

Edited by animatic

Why yes, I believe so.

Chavalit, PPP Health Minster? and behind a milk scandal?

have you some more facts about this scandal and how Chavalit was involved?

Why yes, I believe so.

Chalerm was the man in that hotseat

Edited by animatic

Why yes, I believe so.

but you have been talking about Chavalit in your post, right?

so you got that wrong. throwing your mud at the wrong person. changing and spinning your 'facts' ad libitum.

so now it is Chalerm who put the health of Thai children at risk and didn't care about the poor kids?

but how exactly was that done? could you be more elaborate. or is it just another mud throwing attempt, not based on facts but on emotion, thaksinhate and to smear everybody who is somewho releated to Thaksin?

hyperbole, distortion of facts and lies don't give your position so much credit. that is just low style troll behavior.

In any case they are both peas in the same stinky pod, under the puppet master Thaksin.

In either case there are glaring examples of both these 'politicians'

disregarding the well being of Thai citizens for their own interests.

Makes them pretty interchangeable puayis of maladroitness...

Being called a troll by you

almost comes out as a compliment from a professional.

water duck back same same.

Edited by animatic

Democrats congratulate Chavalit as member of Puea Thai

BANGKOK, 4 October 2009 (NNT) – The ruling Democrat Party has expressed congratulations to former Prime Minister General Chavalit Yongchaiyudh after the latter registered to be a new member of the opposition Puea Thai Party.

Democrat Spokesperson MD Buranaj Smutharaks commended General Chavalit for showing a clear stance towards reconciliation in the society. He said he believed that General Chavalit would be able to strengthen Puea Thai by disengaging the Party from old-style politics.

MD Buranaj called on the former prime minister, whom he cited as a former colleague of Privy Council President and Statesman General Prem Tinsulanonda, to help protect the Council against being dragged into political conflicts.

MD Buranaj stated further that General Chavalit should play a role to stop ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s political movement which has been destroying security and image of the country.

The spokesperson also dismissed the rumor that the Democrat Party would cooperate with the opposition Puea Thai Party to form a new government saying the news was just aimed at discrediting the current coalition government.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 4 October 2009

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255210040031

your problem is that you are just talking somekind of boring beer bar gossip. hot air and blabber.

and you are unable to substantiate your claims in an objective and factual manner.

And your only response is Argument Ad Hominum, ie attempt to disgrace the messenger.

Since that so rarely actually works in practice you only discredit yourself in the attempt.

c'est la vie.

I need not be a Newspaper of record to post such as I have gleened from multiple NON-bar sources.

Not being a Newspaper Of Record, precision is only needed at the human level, not the utopian level you demand.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... good chance it IS ONE.

And that is enough datum to comment on.

A tasteful olive branch from the Dems towards Kuhn Chavalit.

I just couldn't see Chalerm doing that in inverse, let an lone Dr. T.

Edited by animatic

Why yes, I believe so.

but you have been talking about Chavalit in your post, right?

so you got that wrong. throwing your mud at the wrong person. changing and spinning your 'facts' ad libitum.

so now it is Chalerm who put the health of Thai children at risk and didn't care about the poor kids?

but how exactly was that done? could you be more elaborate. or is it just another mud throwing attempt, not based on facts but on emotion, thaksinhate and to smear everybody who is somewho releated to Thaksin?

hyperbole, distortion of facts and lies don't give your position so much credit. that is just low style troll behavior.

Some folk just don't take disagreement well. If Dante had written his Inferno about Thailand and its criminal and unethical elites a lot of people would be in the same sizzling pit and sharing the same levels to boot.

your problem is that you are just talking somekind of boring beer bar gossip. hot air and blabber.

and you are unable to substantiate your claims in an objective and factual manner.

And your only response is Argument Ad Hominum, ie attempt to disgrace the messenger.

Since that so rarely actually works in practice you only discredit yourself in the attempt.

c'est la vie.

I need not be a Newspaper of record to post such as I have gleened from multiple NON-bar sources.

Not being a Newspaper Of Record, precision is only needed at the human level, not the utopian level you demand.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... good chance it IS ONE.

And that is enough datum to comment on.

smartbrain, i am not shooting the messenger, but questioning the message itself, probe the content.

and if you make up your own 'stories' and 'facts' your are not just the messenger or a medium, but the source of nonsense, blabber, hyperbole, distorted facts and lies.

where is the truth behind: Chavalit, PPP Health Minster? and behind a milk scandal? and what milk scandal?

Rumour had it that Thaksin wanted Chavalit to be his nominee PM rather than Samak but he asked for too much money. He was never an intellectual giant but people say he has now become quite inchorent.

Chavalit never was quite that coherent even in his best days either--Gen & Mrs Gen Bozo. Your report is credible to me as Bangkokians hate Chavalit and Thaksin would've loved to shove Chavalit down their throats one last time.

Yes, Chavalit and Thaksin go back some in their swindlings but they all do, just on one side or the other lately.

Chavalit can't find the men's room he's been going to at Government House for 60 years but he's really going to enhance the PT's political position :) . The Dems even put out a press release to be sure to call attention to Chavalit's joining the PT-- a "He belongs to them, not us" statement.

Go get 'em Chavalit.

I think his main point was that, even if he did mistook the cases he was involved in, that the man in question isn't a nice person.

If you on the other hand disagree, then by all means, present the case for why he is a good person.

Edited by TAWP

I think his main point was that, even if he did mistook the cases he was involved in, that the man in question isn't a nice person.

If you on the other hand disagree, then by all means, present the case for why he is a good person.

Thanks TAWP.

Yes he cleanly ignores the point and goes for the flame.

Dyslexically inverting the Cha-Cha twins

CHAvalit and CHAlerm is easy enough to do.

And their same choice of places to feather their nests ,

are so tightly woven together.

How Chavalit acted as Bangkok crumbled in 1996-97 speaks so much about his act.

Nero fiddling as the father of his people, who he blames when he misses all the cues to

a global economic catastrophe in the making...

One that his moves, or lack of them, essentially set into motion

So apropos that Chavalit was ALSO in PPP when this happened the NEXT time 10 years later.

Too busy saving Snow-job White-wash Thaksin and the 111 Dwarfs,

to notice the Western economies teetering on the brink, shoved there by his idols the Bush Cabal,

and then falling over ithe edge into chaos. Nothing was done to prepare for the loss of revenue. NADA!

PPP missed it all until they noticed it could be blamed on Abhisit, who is working to restructure

the PPPumpty Dumpty egg shells into a national economy again.

Trenchant irony that this guy wants back in...

Mrs. Gen. Brainiac must want the house quiet again and a new diamond tiara.

No wonder Sanoh wants to call it a day,

'The Remains Of The Day' for PTP is pretty bleak looking.

And so doubly ironic that appeasement is on the table so LOUDLY...

Edited by animatic