Englishman Caught Up In Two Vehicle Crash In Na-jomtien.

Rimmer

Pattaya, October 2 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : On Thursday Afternoon, Police and rescue services were called to a serious road accident in Soi Kow Chee Jan in Na-Jomtien which resulted in one person being sent to Hospital suffering from serious neck and head injuries. The crash involved a Blue Mercedes Benz driven by Khun Prasong aged 40 who was seriously injured and a bronze Toyota Vigo Pick-up driven by Mr. David Wagstaff aged 65 from England who sustained minor injuries. Upon investigation it was determined that Mr. Wagstaff’s pick-up somehow lost control at a bend and his vehicle ended up in a spin and moved onto the opposing lane and collided with the oncoming Mercedes. Police are now speaking to everyone involved in the crash and insurance companies are now discussing the financial side of the incident.

Source:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/octobe...2_10_52_2.shtml

post-22250-1254491575_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1254491600_thumb.jpg

David does not look happy, poor bugger!

Anyway, very lucky he wasn't killed or seriously injured.

I know where he's at, it happened to me a few years back.

Bad luck for the Merc driver though, hope he recovers OK.

More supposition: Yet another Falang who thought his pickup was like any other normal sedan

- that could handle a wet road and a curve.

I've found my Toyota pickup to be very twitchy in the rear-end even with a few bumps in the road.

Any sudden steering movements to correct on a wet road and it can get very messy.

(previously discussed Ad Infinitum on other threads).

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, slowing down is the only alternative, especially on wet roads.