Bars Closed Saturday 3rd Oct?

bazmlb

Go to a Temple do penance for you bad ways :) , Go to the beach got to the temple of truth , :D or the snake farm , :D Non Nook gardens , :D crocodile farm :D . sea world :D , Pictures . :D market :P , just a few things , leave the devil brew alone and detox.. :D

if the bars are closed tonight ( or any other night ) coz of the election ?

simply go to any mom and pop store today and get your beers in for tonight

enjoy the 27 baht 5.4% vol archa that i get anytime of the day from ......

yes youve guessed it ..... a mom and pop store owned by a policeman and his wife ! ..... dave2

if the bars are closed tonight ( or any other night ) coz of the election ?

simply go to any mom and pop store today and get your beers in for tonight

enjoy the 27 baht 5.4% vol archa that i get anytime of the day from ......

yes youve guessed it ..... a mom and pop store owned by a policeman and his wife ! ..... dave2

You found the right use for it - a doorstop.

k h and jackr.

i have a sweet tooth and love the stuff !

three of those a night and i never hear the chicken that lives next door or the dog down the road : )

sleep sleep sleep every night ..... bliss ..... dave2

Go to the bars and have a drink in a coffee mug or tea cup!! :)

This takes me back!

Many years ago I used to go to a place on Fulham Road, London called "Up all Night".

Then, the licensing laws prevented them selling alcohol after 11pm.

To the regulars, they would serve Becks Beer in a teapot to be drunk out of tea cups. :D

Rgds

Was in Tesco Lotus on evening of Sat 3rd Oct. There was quite some confusion at the checkouts as various shoppers were told that the alcoholic bev's they'd put in their trolleys could not actually be bought (due to election?). Might have been an idea to close off the alcohol section of the store and perhaps even put up a sign for the consumer - but alas that pro-active thinking somehow escaped the management in Tescos. All seems rather strange though... when driving home, I noticed that most of the 'whiskey shops' were doing a great trade. Maybe Tesco doesn't care about losing the business? Someone explain - pleeeease!

I have so much to learn about this country!

Was in Tesco Lotus on evening of Sat 3rd Oct. There was quite some confusion at the checkouts as various shoppers were told that the alcoholic bev's they'd put in their trolleys could not actually be bought (due to election?). Might have been an idea to close off the alcohol section of the store and perhaps even put up a sign for the consumer - but alas that pro-active thinking somehow escaped the management in Tescos. All seems rather strange though... when driving home, I noticed that most of the 'whiskey shops' were doing a great trade. Maybe Tesco doesn't care about losing the business? Someone explain - pleeeease!

You want an exercise...... try and get the name and phone number of the Gen Manager of Lotus/Tesco {Kamthien}

It is a more closely guarded sercret than the formula for Coca Cola

????

Why u want

Want for What

What Manager

and on and on.....

Most people know that Tesco is a very highly competitive company, so the statement that 'Tesco doesn't care about losing business' isn't true, obviously. It's not too difficult to explain. Tesco is a big multinational company that is always in the spotlight. They follow the law, whereas small privately owned shops take a chance, and generally get away with it. Not much Black n white here. :)

Most people know that Tesco is a very highly competitive company, so the statement that 'Tesco doesn't care about losing business' isn't true, obviously. It's not too difficult to explain. Tesco is a big multinational company that is always in the spotlight. They follow the law, whereas small privately owned shops take a chance, and generally get away with it. Not much Black n white here. :)

So to clarify, is it actually against the law to sell alcohol on this day or is it a moral obligation/ "to do the right thing" type of situation? As I say, I have much to learn.

So to clarify, is it actually against the law to sell alcohol on this day or is it a moral obligation/ "to do the right thing" type of situation? As I say, I have much to learn.

True.You're going to have to pay attention, though :D Edited by KevinHunt

"It depends". On election days it's actually against the law. On some religious holidays too. But on other days it's only a 'request', which may be enforced depending on the policeman you happen to meet and the mood he's in.

In all cases above however some places get away with it.

It's great living in a corrupt banana <form_of_government>! :)

bearnagh.

re .... is it actually against the law to sell alcohol on this day or is it a moral obligation

yes i think its against the law .... coz its a big buddha day but..

that didnt stop my policeman shopkeeper serving me my usuall 3 beers today ... in full uniform ... : )

he never seems to go to work ? love it ! .... dave2

I find it hard to understand why some of you do not top up the fridge the night before.

Or is it just the bar life you cannot do without for one day?

Maybe you miss the SAS and FBI bar tales from drunken farang lol. :)