Italian Food In Ubon

Patriot

Three options. Risotto as mentioned above, Spago's on Chaengsanit Road or Peppers on Uppalisan road opposite the entrance to the airforce base.

Eate yesterday lunch in Spago(1st time) and regular in Peppers, both exelent

Spago,

have large selection of Pasta and Pizza menu

Back round music bit too loud for MY taste, food good and big size (Spagetti bolognesi)

Peppers

Large,New selection menu of Western food, exelent taste, they still working on NEW menu, but looks'a and taste good

Down under Breky(Large size)

and Pizza &Burger menu with good price tag on it

Back round music do not disturb conversation's on the table

Risotto's : Good pizza, pleasant cosy decor, wine selection.

Pepper's : Great place, great food, but haven't tried their pizza yet.

Spago's : Simple but clean decor, excellent pizza, great antipasto, delicious home-made bread. The hams, pates and sausages are divine. Closed mid-afternoon (14:30 - 17:00 I think).

P.S. Marco, I didn't notice the background music in Spago's, so perhaps they have adjusted the level :) Were you out on your bike in Kong Chiam Sunday? I think I saw you.

Cheers,

Mike

Risotto's : Good pizza, pleasant cosy decor, wine selection.

Pepper's : Great place, great food, but haven't tried their pizza yet.

Spago's : Simple but clean decor, excellent pizza, great antipasto, delicious home-made bread. The hams, pates and sausages are divine. Closed mid-afternoon (14:30 - 17:00 I think).

P.S. Marco, I didn't notice the background music in Spago's, so perhaps they have adjusted the level :) Were you out on your bike in Kong Chiam Sunday? I think I saw you.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike

No i wasn't there as im still doing clutch repair for it, 2week job, turn to be 5mth job,, this is thailand,,, but hey, im no rush

Spago has really good food i had to say,, i was stuffed from one plate of spagetti,, will sure eat again there...

What sort of prices are on the pastas at Spagos?

Any of these places have gnocchi?

If you wanna Pasta,,good pasta,, you dont need to ask price,,do you? and in Ubon,, defenetly NOT even close to tourist place prices,, sorry but i just can't remeber the price but it was ok price

Both Peppers and Spago sells Pasta, HOW EVER peppers Kitchen is closed in every Tuesday

If you wanna Pasta,,good pasta,, you dont need to ask price,,do you? and in Ubon,, defenetly NOT even close to tourist place prices,, sorry but i just can't remeber the price but it was ok price

Both Peppers and Spago sells Pasta, HOW EVER peppers Kitchen is closed in every Tuesday

The kitchen's closed on Tuesdays, but you can still get a breakfast and the usual coffee and cakes. I got caught out with the kitchen being closed yesterday but still managed to walk out with a full belly !!!!!

Spagos pasta is reasonably priced (can't remember details because I am very, very wealthy) and well worth it as are the pizzas (especially the Calzone)

Edited by Patriot

The kitchen's closed on Tuesdays, but you can still get a breakfast and the usual coffee and cakes. I got caught out with the kitchen being closed yesterday but still managed to walk out with a full belly !!!!!

Spagos pasta is reasonably priced (can't remember details because I am very, very wealthy) and well worth it as are the pizzas (especially the Calzone)

Patriot

So true and my mistake to forgot those,, yes ALL day breky and coffee and cakes and pies are of course in the menu,, If the Andrew is free he might able to do something else as well, just ask,it wont hurt and he's not biting (Much)

Also every day between 14.30 (2.30pm) till 16.30 (4.30pm)( cook off time) but like said above you still have wide selection of cookies, coffee and all usuall stuff and of course good company as well

HOPEFULLY i got it right this time,,,,

Edited by MarcoH

I can't remember if gnocchi was on the menu at Spago's, but as Franco is Italian and a professional restrauteur, he might be willing to make it to order. He is very busy though and seems to work long hours, so possibly not.

The prices at Spagos all seemed reasonable - can't remember how much.

Buon appetito,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
I ate at Spagos last night, excellent menu, ambiance and service with only Thai customers. They carry a good range of Red wines aswell. I will return :)

Right; I'm new in town; where is this Peppers place?

Thanks

Peppers is on Uppalisan rd., almost across the road (though a little east) from the entrance to the air force base. :D

Edited by bergen

I ate at Spagos last night, excellent menu, ambiance and service with only Thai customers. They carry a good range of Red wines aswell. I will return :D

Thanks

Peppers is on Uppalisan rd., almost across the road (though a little east) from the entrance to the air force base. :D

In case you are *very* new, let me add to Bergen's directions...

Head south down Chayangkun Road (the main road in Ubon; south is from Big C, past Tesco, towards Warin). At the traffic lights next to Toyota, turn left. Pepper's is a few hundred metres on the right.

Or:

Leave the airport (passnger terminal). Turn right at the traffic lights. Pepper's is a kilometre or so on the left.

Now, if you want directions to Suan Loong Daeng Farmstay, that's a little harder..... :)

Cheers,

Mike

I ate at Spagos last night, excellent menu, ambiance and service with only Thai customers. They carry a good range of Red wines aswell. I will return :D

Thanks

Head south down Chayangkun Road (the main road in Ubon; south is from Big C, past Tesco, towards Warin). At the traffic lights next to Toyota, turn left. Pepper's is a few hundred metres on the right.

Or:

Leave the airport (passnger terminal). Turn right at the traffic lights. Pepper's is a kilometre or so on the left.

Now, if you want directions to Suan Loong Daeng Farmstay, that's a little harder..... :)

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for that, I'm sure I'll find Peepers tomorrow.

Regarding the "Farmstay", Bergen; what's happened to your link????? But if you are anywhere near Dai Oratai ( Na Cha Luay) then the motivation's there !!!

Thanks

Or:

Now, if you want directions to Suan Loong Daeng Farmstay, that's a little harder..... :D

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for that, I'm sure I'll find Peepers tomorrow.

Regarding the "Farmstay", Bergen; what's happened to your link????? But if you are anywhere near Dai Oratai ( Na Cha Luay) then the motivation's there !!!

There is nothing wrong with "my link" - but I'm about 60 km west of Na Cha Luai :)

Sorry! I have just learned that the link on "visitubon" is misspelled. :)

Google ubon farmstay, or try the link on weloveubon or ubonhash and you will be led in the right direction. :D

Sorry! I have just learned that the link on "visitubon" is misspelled. :)

Google ubon farmstay, or try the link on weloveubon or ubonhash and you will be led in the right direction. :D

Yeah, I thought that. On the visit ubon website it appears as though your fine establishment is a "Garden of Red Mad People", ie. "loon" instead of "loong". :D

NB: Apologies to the Mods if I appear to be abusing protocol by mentioning other websites etc, I'm honestly not promoting anything, just exchanging helpful information.

Here is some info on Dai Orathai and where she lives.

http://memock.wordpress.com/2009/02/03/...8;-tai-orathai/

Thanks for that information. I heard her voice on the radio a few years ago and asked my wife the name of the girl with the beautiful voice, and she told me about the famous Tai Orathai from Ubon Ratchathani. Now she is featured heavily in our CD collection - and she is my ringtone and calling melody!

Seems to be a very nice lady too - have only ever heard good things about her.

Elwood.