Thaksin Says Abhisit Has No Leadership

george

So Abhisit has no leadership? Look around you Squareface. YOU have no leadership. Nobody is following any more. :)

During my recent sojourn up country the locals repeatedly asked me about my view of Thaksin. They are aware that I am far better educated than they, or most of their leaders, and that I have Internet access so that I am not subject to propaganda and spin as they are. I tried to be non-committal by saying that I was a guest in the country and my opinion didn't count but when pushed I opined that Thaksin's demise was a good thing. I added that he was a big, big Mafia and now Thailand might prosper to a degree if a small Mafia were running the country. That produced smiles all round and not a few nodding heads.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bagwan, thanks for the good intel from up country.

It's not all fanrangs know nothing and are disrespectful louts,

as some make it out.

I too have been asked delicately at times for opinions on events of the day.

Sometimes by red taxi drivers leaving swampy...

at the end of they ride they have often been scratching their heads,

and several said the equivalent of. I never thought of that.

There are many types of Thais and most are very nice

and most are interested in what you think. Just present you thoughts respectfully,

and in a somewhat Thai way, and, you're in like Somchai Flynn.

Mr. Thaksin. How can you make such a statement if your own country would like to put you in jail? You criticize others? Don't you have a mirror, please look inside one and you'll see the most corrupt guy who should never have anything to do with politics. You made the "Anti Drug Campaign", where thousands got killed, because your son was also on Jaba? Mr. Abhisit has to deal with a situation you'd left. Consider yourself as a criminal, so please think before you talk.

Thaksins son was on ya ba? can you back up that claim? and thousends got killed for that reason?

btw. aren't you one of the smart brain poster that demand public execution in every drug releated topic?

Uh, if you read again you will probably detect hints that he is opposite of the 'hang them high' brigade...

But character-assassination seems to be your hobby.

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. Thaksin. How can you make such a statement if your own country would like to put you in jail? You criticize others? Don't you have a mirror, please look inside one and you'll see the most corrupt guy who should never have anything to do with politics. You made the "Anti Drug Campaign", where thousands got killed, because your son was also on Jaba? Mr. Abhisit has to deal with a situation you'd left. Consider yourself as a criminal, so please think before you talk.

Thaksins son was on ya ba? can you back up that claim? and thousends got killed for that reason?

btw. aren't you one of the smart brain poster that demand public execution in every drug releated topic?

Uh, if you read again you will probably detect hints that he is opposite of the 'hang them high' brigade...

But character-assassination seems to be your hobby.

i did read again and detected only a twisted logic by a thaksin hater talking about looks into the mirror.

and i am still missing prove for the claim that Thaksins son was on ya ba and that was the reason for the killings of thousands.

TAWP, what is your hobby?

By contrast, Thaksin's biggest problem remains that he acts and speaks like an uneducated man (unless he's reading a prepared speech):

As the saying goes, "If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck."

Well, he does have a PhD from the US, so there goes your duck theory.

I absolutely have to agree with Thaksin. Abhisit is not competent enough for the job and is merely a marionette of the military. Abhisit has failed to reunite the country and caused further political instability and dissatisfaction amongst Thai people. Voices of Thaksin-supporters remain unheard, deepening the divide amongst the population.

Exactly.

Abhisit was installed by a judicial coup. A mouthpiece for the Junta.

Thaksin did an excellent job of dividing the country while he was in charge.

if that were true, why did he get voted in by overwhelming majority ?

i cant remember any red shirts when Thaksin was in charge. :)

I'll allow animatic to slice and dice you. It should be most entertaining. The blood is in the water.

By contrast, Thaksin's biggest problem remains that he acts and speaks like an uneducated man (unless he's reading a prepared speech):

As the saying goes, "If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck."

Well, he does have a PhD from the US, so there goes your duck theory.

Thaksin has a doctorate in criminology from Sam Huston University in Texas. That's like having a degree from Newin Chidchob University of BuriRam.

Can you hear the ducks? Everyone else can. :)

While PM Thaksin consistently spoke to the world as if he were speaking to the peasants of Issan. He's arrogant, condesending and in a word rich.

Edited by Publicus

Syracuse U in New York state is the preferred US venue of credible foreign students in the US who can't quite make the grade at Harvard.

Yeah, we see PMs throughout the world welcoming Dr. Thaksin to their countries, especially to become an economic advisor to their governments with housing provided to boot. The UK kicked Thaksin out and no other respectable democracy will permit his entry.

The fact is Thaksin is the plague to respected governments, especially to democracies and is a man without a country. Now that's distinctive as not many former PM's can accomplish such a feat or in such a short time as Thaksin has.

I hear Taksin's name mentioned on every Thai tv broadcast almost daily. And then there he is again in the print media ad infinitum. Just look at how many posts about him there are on an expat forum who have no say whatsoever in whether he returns (he won't be allowed to). He thrives on publicity. That's the oxygen that keeps him going. The very worst thing for him would be for everyone to ignore him.

There are people who feel marginalised by the Democrat party and what people perceive they stand for, the status quo. Do you think Abhisit should adopt a more populist approach to his politics a la Taksin? Giving out 2k every now and then to win this contigent round? As far as I can tell, Abhisit's trying to introduce a more sustainable approach to bettering the lives of the disaffected - better education, clamping down on corruption and I'm seeing at at least a little more 'accountablility'.

Abhisit's hamstrung by his having to cozy up to Newin et al. I also believe that if Taksin were ignored, he'd simply go away ...

While PM Thaksin consistently spoke to the world as if he were speaking to the peasants of Issan. He's arrogant, condesending and in a word rich.

Well, Thaksin seems to have more allies around the world than any other Prime Minister. :D

His claim to be good friends with both George Bush and Tony Blair speaks for itself ! :D Has-beens to a man ! :)

I'll allow animatic to slice and dice you. It should be most entertaining. The blood is in the water.

What'll he Haiku him to death? :D

Bagwan, thanks for the good intel from up country.

It's not all fanrangs know nothing and are disrespectful louts,

as some make it out.

I too have been asked delicately at times for opinions on events of the day.

Sometimes by red taxi drivers leaving swampy...

at the end of they ride they have often been scratching their heads,

and several said the equivalent of. I never thought of that.

:)

Edited by Steve2UK

I absolutely have to agree with Thaksin. Abhisit is not competent enough for the job and is merely a marionette of the military. Abhisit has failed to reunite the country and caused further political instability and dissatisfaction amongst Thai people. Voices of Thaksin-supporters remain unheard, deepening the divide amongst the population.

Exactly.

Huh? Judiciary coup? Abhisit became PM when some of the previous coalition government's MP's decided it was time for a change. It had nothing to do with the judiciary.

Exactly.

Huh? Judiciary coup? Abhisit became PM when some of the previous coalition government's MP's decided it was time for a change. It had nothing to do with the judiciary.

back at that time the wall street journal called it a 'silent coup':

But in the longer term, Mr. Abhisit's coalition is unlikely to resolve the fundamental conflicts

that brought about this month's "silent coup" and may have trouble holding on to its tenuous

grasp on power.

Mr. Abhisit's government has come to power by riding the dangerous wave of antidemocratic

protest that brought the country to a standstill earlier this month. The previous government, loyal

to former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, was ousted by a combination of violent street

protesters, with whom the military and police were largely complicit, and an activist judiciary

operating under laws written by the military leaders who ruled from 2006-2007.

The red shirts were under another name and much smaller then.

But remember the crew that raided and sieged The Nation offices.

The 3 main Red Leaders were all involved in the street actions in several cpacities.

That's why they had the connections to put the red shirts on the map when enough cash was available.

As to the "over-whelming majority"... uh duh, since when?

Since when is under 33% EVER a overwhelming majority.

The difference between Thaksins' TRT Coalition and the Dems by themselves was under 2%

Thaksin pre-purchased several minor parties BEFORE the election, his innovation,

and by calling his faction ridden coalition; "The TRT Party", he JUST managed to out poll the Dems.

It was no less fractious than the Dems coalition what with Sanoh, Chalerm, Newin,

and their mirror image compatriots all jockeying for the trough.

Thaksin won a fractionally larger MINORITY...

the rest of the votes were split between the dozen or so

special interest parties that bleed the vote from the main parties.

Crying shame that, because if they focused their small view on a larger field,

they would get better returns. Myopia is the main problem in Thai politics;

the players can't see the forest for the metaphorical trees.

Thaksin has an IQ of 132, which puts him in the 98th percentile, or the top 2%. Admittedly not as high as Abhisit, but still quite high.

Not all high IQ's are functional or moral people.

Prisons world wide are filled with High IQ amoral lifers.

Thaksin's is not a master piece of the human condition.

James Woods smokes him smarts wise.

Then there are idiot savants,

who are brilliant and exceptional at one or two things,

and sod it all for all else.

Thaksin is smart enough to think his mind is the best,

but not smart enough to realize it's NOT.

Thaksin has an IQ of 132, which puts him in the 98th percentile, or the top 2%. Admittedly not as high as Abhisit, but still quite high.

Where did he get his IQ tested? Was it withing the Thai education system?

Judging from T's response to the Economist interview, he doesn't seem on the ball in several ways. Within one paragraph, T can use the same pronoun to refer to 3 different parties. He did it within several paragraphs. It's as though the person listening is supposed to be able to read T's mind and know, each time he uses 'you' or 'they' ....which person or group he's referring to. In other words, his thinking is very cluttered, if we're to go by the words that come out of his mouth.

Actually, it fits within the context of Thailand, as many things are inferred without being articulated/specified. It's as though there's a group consciousness where a few words can convey complicated issues. It fits within a superstitious mode of thinking. That also explains why Thai politicians often speak in vague terms rather than being specific. It also fits with the times, when a VIP is accused of something, there's mention of the first letter of his name, but that's it. Case closed.

Former US president Reagan was a smart guy, but he got Alzheimers later on. It comes on gradually. Perhaps T has the onset of something like that, which would explain why he is not able to articulate clearly.

I posted a similar note on this thread a few days ago, and within hours my T.Visa account was commandeered by a mystery person and I was locked out. Could there be a connection with some web savvy person working for Thaksin? I don't know, but such things are not too outlandish. For a man like T, who's very thin-skinned/easily offended, and still power mad, ......any little annoyance, (pests like me) on T.Visa who post things that may be too painfully truthful for him to bear. He's got bazillion baht and all the time in the world, why wouldn't he hire people to try to shut up the rabble biting at his heels on internet forums?

Thaksin beats Abhisit in popularity survey :D

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra beat Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva in an opinion survey.

The survey by Assumption University's Abac Poll found that 25 per cent of the respondents said they preferred Thaksin over Abhisit while 21.6 per cent said they preferred Abhsit.

However, more than half of the respondents - 53.4 per cent - refused to express support for either politician. :)

The Nation

October 25, 2009 :

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra beat Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva in an opinion survey.

The survey by Assumption University's Abac Poll found that 25 per cent of the respondents said they preferred Thaksin over Abhisit while 21.6 per cent said they preferred Abhsit.

However, more than half of the respondents - 53.4 per cent - refused to express support for either politician. :)

The Nation

October 25, 2009 :

Were did they take the pole beside the somtom stall?

The Nation

October 25, 2009 :

Were did they take the pole beside the somtom stall?

Considering how other ABAC polls showing Thai morals are slipping, or that foreigners are eroding culture are splashed all over the front pages and pushed like crazy, it is interesting to see that neither the BP or Nation have any follow up on this rather startling poll.