New Airport For Chiang Mai Province In Lamphun

Ajarn

Saksit Meesubkwang

Dr. Surapol Kadchamat, director of the National and Regional Planning Bureau, said that in order to develop Chiang Mai province as a center of tourism and trade, a new airport is needed. The new location will be in Baan Thi, Lamphun, and a ring road will be constructed to link with the airport.

By doing so, the local industry in Lamphun would also benefit greatly. Furthermore, a new road from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai via San Kampang would be built, passing Mae Aon sub-district and Lampang. The initial plan was to renew the existing Doi Saket route, but local residents objected.

A seminar on regional and national plans was organized to draft a vision of development. The development plan covered the best use of public utilities in all areas.

At the same meeting, Suwat Tantipat, Chiang Mai governor, informed those present that Chiang Mai would enlarge Huay Kaew Road by three meters on each side, at a cost of 120 million baht, to reduce traffic congestion.

Traffic jams during the weekends occur regularly from Kad Suan Kaew to the Phucome intersection, as many tourists like to visit the Kruba Sriwichai Monument and Doi Suthep.

The plan is also to beautify the road with trees and flowers, “to make Chiang Mai green and beautiful.” To further develop the city and roads would not only to create a positive image of Chiang Mai, but also impress visitors and tourists, said the governor.

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/current/news.shtml

Saksit Meesubkwang

Dr. Surapol Kadchamat, director of the National and Regional Planning Bureau, said that in order to develop Chiang Mai province as a center of tourism and trade, a new airport is needed. The new location will be in Baan Thi, Lamphun, and a ring road will be constructed to link with the airport.

By doing so, the local industry in Lamphun would also benefit greatly. Furthermore, a new road from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai via San Kampang would be built, passing Mae Aon sub-district and Lampang. The initial plan was to renew the existing Doi Saket route, but local residents objected.

A seminar on regional and national plans was organized to draft a vision of development. The development plan covered the best use of public utilities in all areas.

At the same meeting, Suwat Tantipat, Chiang Mai governor, informed those present that Chiang Mai would enlarge Huay Kaew Road by three meters on each side, at a cost of 120 million baht, to reduce traffic congestion.

Traffic jams during the weekends occur regularly from Kad Suan Kaew to the Phucome intersection, as many tourists like to visit the Kruba Sriwichai Monument and Doi Suthep.

The plan is also to beautify the road with trees and flowers, “to make Chiang Mai green and beautiful.” To further develop the city and roads would not only to create a positive image of Chiang Mai, but also impress visitors and tourists, said the governor.

Yeah, that sounds great. Where are the plans to combat pollutions so the tourists won't all catch allergies, sore eyes and respiratory infections once they're here?

Where are the plans to combat pollutions so the tourists won't all catch allergies, sore eyes and respiratory infections once they're here?

As a government that clearly ONLY operates in Crisis Mode, it clearly hasn't reached a Crisis Level yet, in the decision-makers eyes... One can only fear what will happen before they try to close the barn door...

One of the confusing things about this place, in my view anyway... Simple enforcement of the laws is a proven way to change behaviours, but, even when there are illegal fires across the street from a police box, as I saw yesterday, nothing is said... I'll bet most of us have witnessed something similar, too.

The complete devastation of the land between Hod and Mae Sariang really affected me. Some is natural, some is needed, but the vast amount of burning going on, especially the last few years, is only destructive. Who sets them, and why? On the road to Praow, I saw crews of government workers walking down the hiway, burning everything within reach. No thoughts, it seems, of controlling the burn in any way... On the way home that evening, I could see lines of fires far up the mountains from the spot on the roadside where they'd been started earlier that day...

Oh, I see I've reached my headache level for today. Time for the boob tube or a swim.. or some chocolate? :o

3m either side. That's an expensive carpark. Where's the footpath??? The traffic will still get congested when it all hits the moat corner nr Central.