Where To Get A Birth Certificate Translated To English?

elektrified

I did a search but the most recent information was 2007...things change around here often.

I need to get a birth certificate translated into English. I believe it has to be from an 'official' translator (to be used for citizenship purposes). Does anyone have any idea where to go and what the cost may be?

Thanks in advance.

I've been through the whole U.S. immigration process from visa thorough citizenship and used thaienglish.com every time I needed a translation. Their service is second to none and the quality of the translation looks very professional. They let my wife and I read through several proofs before sending the final product which was nice. I'm not involved in their business in any way. Just a very happy customer.

E-mail Sam at [email protected]. I believe my wife's birth certificate was around $15USD and that included mailing an original copy to my house and e-mailing me a PDF copy.

Edited by mnbcm

> I believe it has to be from an 'official' translator (to be used for citizenship purposes).

Better get that clarified. Because usually the only requirement is that the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs certifies it as a correct translation. Who actually translates it matters none.

However for some nationalities this may be different, so, best to get it clarified what is required. Consulates and embassies might have a list of 'recommended' (==expensive) translators, and these offices may get the certification from the M.F.A. done in-house which saves you the effort of going down to Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok.

But basically anyone can translate it; you could translate it with your wife. Better chance of it being correct too, in my limited experience. :) You should always check the basics: that any numbers and dates match, and that name translations sync with the same name translated on any other documents.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thanks for the replies. Actually I re-read the documentary requirements again from the Embassy website and it did not say anything about an 'official' translation. I read that on a post on TV which appears to be incorrect.

I may have to go to Bangkok to complete this procedure??? I hope not!

Edited by elektrified

I've just used these guys for a Birth Certificate translation, English to Thai. Great service, fully qualified, and they can also handle certain filings in Bangkok that might need to be done, depending on your needs. Very affordable.

ThaiFirst Translation Service

Kittisak Changlor/Mgr.

053-270-623

> I believe it has to be from an 'official' translator (to be used for citizenship purposes).

Better get that clarified. Because usually the only requirement is that the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs certifies it as a correct translation. Who actually translates it matters none.

This is my experience as well.

You can post (EMS) to Bangkok

Edited by Loaded

Heres a number for Thai to English translation , cost between 200/300baht with official stamp.

Name Chanyanuch Thinwongtuam. 089 202 6389. landline O 2651 4546. Fax. 0 2651 4547 her office is near the British Embassy Bangkok , she will do it immediately for you,That is when you take it in .

Thanks everyone! Lots of good referrals here.

Just completed this process a matter of days ago. Make it easier on yourself and write down the full name of all parties on the Birth Certificate. The rest of the certificate is already preped as a ready to go form. In and out in around 20 minutes and the translator's stamp works best with Embassies.