Some Quick Questions - Thai Visa Lao

Did this run 1x abt a year ago, been in India for a few months.... your assistance appreciated.

1. Doubles visas appear to still available at Thai Embassy, VNE. Is one provided gratis (till Mar 2010)? Is the cost for a TR 2mo tourist visa B1000 and payable in THB?

2. I had heard that there was to be a new location? Could someone provided good/detailed location-directions (walking) to the new location?

3. Mondays still most problematic, but I assume given goings-ons last year and being October, queue will not be as great. In on Monday AM out Tuesday PM??. Queue forms what time? Services start at what time?

4. Is there a direct bus from Nong Khai to Pattaya?

THANKS

Hi there,

my office is just around the corner (50 m) of the new Thai Embassy Visa Section...

Here you can find a detailed map... just check for Vientiane office location... http://www.khiri.com/contact_us.cfm

Yes, they still issue multiple entry tourist visas.

The queue forms quite early. Opening hours are...

Consular Section : Monday to Friday

08.30 Hrs. – 12.00 Hrs. : Application for Visa

13.00 Hrs. – 15.00 Hrs. : Distribution of Passports Affixed with Appropriate Visa (next day)

No, as far as I know you have to take the bus/train to BKK first and switch there. Probably there is a bus to Pattaya in Korat (Nakhorn Ratchasima).

regards,

M.

Thanks so much Prajak. Decided to train it back to BKK. There's always a good party in the canteen car :-))

Moving to BKK anyway. Guess sooner than later.

Here's official map, less detailed and I think more siomple to sort the roads out:

http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/vientiane...sy/embassy_map/

Q 4. Yes, there is a bus Nongkhai-Rayong several times per day. I think it is the 407. If you want dep times please let me know and I look at the bus station for you.
Edited by bangkokburning