Kanom Jeen

smint

Hi guys, this kanom jeen rice flour noodles must be one of my favourite in Thailand. I sometimes eat it at restaurants, or occasionally find it at the talaat market.

May I know how do you guys get them, specifically, at supermarkets? (If I want to cook them myself or something..)

Which section are they usually sold in (dried or wet food section?) I was looking at Carrefour near the dried noodles section and the wet noodles section where normal yellow noodles and soba noodles are sold but couldn't find it... Or does it go by a special name that I missed out, or something?

Thanks and regards.

Not sure, on Koh P the khanom jeen noodles are all made fresh daily and locally by the guy I call the khanom jeen man :) I

I know that the days he takes are off are the khanom jeenless days. Try asking at a local market where you can buy the noodles fresh.

Usually found in the dry noodle section alongside other dry noodles such as wun sen.

Differing varieties available, if you read Thai its no problem, otherwise ask a Thai.

Take home and cook like spaghetti.

Some supermarkets will sell them pre cooked.

If not eaten on day of purchase (pre cooked) bin them, they dont keep, thats why they are usually cooked fresh each day.

Excellent with a green or red curry.

Thanks, sbk and rgs2001uk. Made a trip to the supermarket today and actually found the dried and cooked version! But opted for the dry one since I did not want to eat it the same day.

It was a Star Lion Khanom Jeen brand. Might be easy to miss the English words if you don't read carefully. I asked and found it to be the only brand there, so maybe it might be useful for you guys too. Cheers!