Is Samui Really More Expensive Than Pattaya-koh Chang

dmax

im on a verry tight budget for 3 mth stay in los,,im heading out on 9 oct with wife and baby,,we usually go to bkk than pattaya and down to koh chang for a week or two,,ive been getting feedback that samui is very expensive for accomadation and food /drink etc....we would usually pay around 700-800 per night for room in pattas and koh chang which i think is reasonable...

so i better ask u guys who live here,,,is it really more expensive than the rest of thailand ?

Yes and No I imagone it depends on what you want you can still eat and drink at the same prices, accommodation can be found in 1000THB range in certain areas of the island. You will also be staying over the peak season so it will be more expensive.

:):D:D What peak season?

hotels

why not rent one of the many available house with bedroom and furnitures for 7000/month?

there are a lot of empty houses for rent so be prepared to negotiate hard and you might get a really nice deal. look at Ko Phangan too. not cheaper but a hel_l of a lot nicer than Samui

why not rent one of the many available house with bedroom and furnitures for 7000/month?

there are a lot of empty houses for rent so be prepared to negotiate hard and you might get a really nice deal. look at Ko Phangan too. not cheaper but a hel_l of a lot nicer than Samui

unless you have to shopping or to immigrations.

Edited by PoorSucker

unless you have to shopping or to immigrations.

I hope you realise its rainy season in Samui then!!! And it doesnt half come down!

Dont know much about weather in Pattaya but I would keep that in mind.

I agree with above comments and hire a house somewhere, much cheaper!

yes more expensive, houses beer food every thing, but then again every thing has to come over by ferry and Samui people are the most greedy i have ever met. recession no customer put price up make more money.

Let see how many "family store" will close after Tesco is in Lamai....

yes more expensive, houses beer food every thing, but then again every thing has to come over by ferry and Samui people are the most greedy i have ever met. recession no customer put price up make more money.

Let see how many "family store" will close after Tesco is in Lamai....

No sympathy whatsoever for most "family stores" that i've used in the past. I for one, along with many of my friends would use but will not accept two tier pricing and never use them on pricipal.

Back on topic, yes Samui is generally more expensive. However, budget priced accomodation is always available. Best to drive around and do a month rental on a bungallow as they will invariably do a deal. Factor in some mode of transport, eat Thai food and you'll have a well priced holiday. Booze is whats going to bump up the cost of your holiday!!