Cost Of Obtaining/renewing A Thai Passport

Just to jump on this topic my gf will change her passport into my name once we're married and I was wondering how much time we would need to allow for this to be done in Bangkok?

Thanks James.

The passport office is at the central department building on the 5th floor car park in Bang Na as remember.

It will take 2 to 5 days depending if you want them to post the new passport to you

She will probably get a new E passport and you have to go to the immigration office for finger printing, photo etc.

Will require wedding certificate, family papers, ID card, old passport (if she has one). Not sure about a photocopy of each but I would take them anyway.

Wife just did hers in Chiangmai and the new passport was back in 5 days from going to the immigration office.

Hey buddy, I just went through this process in August. It is pretty easy. She needs to get a new ID card first with her new name on it. We had to do the ID card where my wife lived at (Phuket), this is the hardest part because she needed to show a house registration in order to change her name on the ID card. The ID card process took about 30 minutes or less. After the ID we flew back to BKK for the passport. We just went to the khet (main district office) and took care of the passport. Then waited somewhere from 3-4 days and picked it up. Relatively easy process. Good luck. I hope this answers your questions. If you have anymore let me know since I just went through this goat rope and had to figure it out on my own.