What Do I Do Next!

GF's interview is monday to come and get married in the uk.

Fingers crossed.....thinking positive thinking positive

When she gets it i will go to thailand and bring her back to the uk.

we will get married july.

What are my next steps to her being able to stay and live with me in the uk.

What do i apply for?

does she need to go back to thailand?

(Everyone fingers crossed for me her interview is 11.00 monday 28th)

BS,

Your fiancée doesn't need to return to Thailand for another visa. Once you are married she has to make an application to the Home Office for permission to stay on the basis of being married to you and she will then be allowed to stay for 2 years. At the end of the 2 years she will then need to apply to the Home Office again and, providing you're still married and can still support her, she will be permitted to stay in the UK indefinitely. Once she's had indefinite leave for 1 year she can seek to become naturalised as a British citizen.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Edited by the scouser

dont worry there will be.

I will be woken monday morning (if i manage to sleep!!!), followed by me knocking the pub open and no doubt they will be throwing me out at closing time, either that or will end up staying in bed completely devestated and p£ssed off!! :o

Once she's had indefinite leave for 1 year she can seek to become naturalised as a British citizen.
Not quite right, I'm afraid. The actual qualifying period for the spouse of a British citizen is 3 years. This is 3 years from the first date of entry as a resident. So, BS, assuming she enters the UK on her fiancée visa in April 2005, she will be eligible to apply for British nationality in April 2008. If she had to wait until she had had ILR for one year, then it would be July 2008 before she could apply. (That's assuming you marry and apply for Further Leave to Remain in July 2005 and so apply for ILR in July 2007.)

From the IND website

The wife or husband of a British citizen may apply for naturalisation after living in the United Kingdom legally for three years.* The applicant's stay must not be subject to any time limit on the date of application; the applicant must be 18 or over and not of unsound mind, and must have sufficient knowledge of the language but does not need to intend to live in the United Kingdom once naturalised. He or she must be of good character, however.
*My italics.

Once she has FLR she can leave and enter the UK as often as she likes, but remember that to qualify for naturalisation she must have spent no more than 270 days outside the UK during the 3 year qualifying period, and no more than 90 days during the last year.

And good luck for Monday :o

Edited by GU22

GF's interview is monday to come and get married in the uk.

Fingers crossed.....thinking positive thinking positive

When she gets it i will go to thailand and bring her back to the uk.

we will get married july.

What are my next steps to her being able to stay and live with me in the uk.

What do i apply for?

does she need to go back to thailand?

(Everyone fingers crossed for me her interview is 11.00 monday 28th)

Just to wish you both “Good Luck” for the Visa Interview

& all the best for the future. :D

My Girlfriend will be undergoing the Interrogation in April, :D

Hopefully we will be Married just before and she will return to UK with me.

IF ALL GOES TO PLAN!! :o