Problem Uploading Avatar...

Longbow212

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is the incorrect forum or if there is a technical FAQ section of here..

I am trying to upload an avatar in my controls, my problem is when i select i new photo the old one just keeps automatically being loaded up... I have tried repeatedly and even selecting different images etc.... all that happens is that the first avatar i ever tried to load keeps coming up again... I cannot work out where it could be saved on my computer or TV and even so why does it come up again when i select a completely different file to load up...

I have tried completely removing my avatar, logging out and back in, using internet explorer and firefox, clearing internet browsing history....

any suggestions??

Thanks

Thats strange...

now I have an avatar of an alternative pic I chose but not the one I want...

If someone on the inside has added it manually please could you do again but with the most recent file I have tried to load up...

Thanks very much

Please add the avatar you wish to use under My Controls. After you are done, hold the CTRL key down and hit the F5 key. Come back to this topic and see if the avatar now shows correctly. If not, try CTRL+F5 again. The usual problem is not that it failed to upload but that the image is still in either the computer cache or your ISP cache. If in the ISP cache it may take a day or two for it to show correctly.

PS no one else can add it manually not even us mods. :)

//edit - your current avatar appears to be of a statue/man at night in the rain.

Similar problems here. I uploaded a new avatar a week ago, (scubaninja) to replace the blue Ninja650R, but now, after a week of working corectly on the same computer and browser, it has revered back to the bike pic. When I go to my controls it shows the avatar selected as the scubaninja, which is correct. Ill try the cntrl F5 thing.

EDIT: ctrl F5 worked. Must have cached the old avatar.

What do you guys see?

Edited by Scubabuddha

Similar problems here. I uploaded a new avatar a week ago, (scubaninja) to replace the blue Ninja650R, but now, after a week of working corectly on the same computer and browser, it has revered back to the bike pic. When I go to my controls it shows the avatar selected as the scubaninja, which is correct. Ill try the cntrl F5 thing.

What do you guys see?

That one

post-327-1254907155.jpg

What do you guys see?

That one

post-327-1254907155.jpg

Hmm...That's not the correct one, and it's not the one I see now. How do I fix? The correct one, and the one I see now is this one:

post-70760-1254940403_thumb.jpg

Hmm...That's not the correct one, and it's not the one I see now. How do I fix? The correct one, and the one I see now is this one:

The one I see now is not the ninja bike but a cartoon ninja guy. Had to CTRL+F5 myself due to the caching of the old avatar and the new one showed up. I would say you are ok now.

The one I see now is not the ninja bike but a cartoon ninja guy. Had to CTRL+F5 myself due to the caching of the old avatar and the new one showed up. I would say you are ok now.

Ok thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I received email reply from Forum helpdesk - thanks.

However, I am still having trouble. My newly uploaded avatar (yesterday 20th Oct) is not appearing.

When i check in my controls, it shows the new avatar, but my posts still displaying old avatar.

Have read through some of the threads, deleted browser history, temp files etc (IE7), flushed DNS, tried the CTL+F5 thingy - all to know avail.

Anything else I can try?

Try logging out, clearing cache and cookies, and then logging back in.

Tried that but maybe I wasnt logged out of thaivisa. Ok will try again, and do a re-boot, then post back here results soon.

By the way, another annoying thing is occassionally i have to log back in with my username and password, even though i am actively moving around the site. Not sure but it might only happen when i exit from "My Controls" area.

Anyway will post back here in a few minutes

What do you see when you enter static.thaivisa.com in your address bar?

Also, have you tried it with a different browser? Try google chrome or firefox and see if that makes a difference.

What do you see when you enter static.thaivisa.com in your address bar?

Also, have you tried it with a different browser? Try google chrome or firefox and see if that makes a difference.

OLDIE

Am unable to load different browser - corporate machine and all that. So could it be a firewall problem?

By the way, my second issue also just happened a few minutes ago. After my previous posting i clicked on "View New Postings" and was required to log back in to Thaivisa

Oldie means you are accessing the Singapore server rather than the Bkk server. So, you should be seeing the new image.

Are you connecting through your work's server as well?

The second issue sounds like your browser isn't keeping your cookies saved. Make sure that it doesn't have you deleting your browsing history every time you close the browser in internet options. I am not that savvy on IE so not sure how you can make sure TV's cookies are saved but when you login, do you login in from the main login page and mark remember me?

Second problem just happend again, forced me to login again.

Yes, I connect via my works servers. I remember had this problem (the avatar problem) a while ago, and it sort of ...... well must have sorted itself out after a week or so!

Your 3 links:

First link - loaded my NEW avatar after a couple of secs.

Second link - loaded my OLD avatar - but immediately.

Third link - loaded my NEW avatar - took a bit longer.

Anyway, thanks for keeping on this for me.

That means your work servers are caching it locally, they will need to flush their proxy server, or you can just wait and know that it will eventually be cached by their servers.

Login issues could be your proxy servers are dropping the session cookie. You are making sure to check the remember me box when you log in?

Ok thanks. Sounds good on your first point. Wait for local proxy server to do its bit.

Regarding second issue, i have checked thru all internet explorer settings, cant see anything obvious.

I am checking the 'Remember me' box when i log in. By the way its happened a further two more times again since my last post.

Gonna sack it for today - But much appreciated for your assistance tonight. Many thanks sbk.

My avatar still not showing the updated version! :)

Also, my second problem, its becoming a real pain having to log back into ThaiVisa every few minutes.

Checked internet settings, cant see anything immediately obvious. And ticking the "remember me" box on ThaiVisa.

Any further suggestions why i am being prompted to supply login credentials?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem and followed the advice given here.

Old avatar is a troll on a computer.

New avatar is a Monkey kissing. Jpeg, size 90x75 and 9,89Kb.

Ctrl +F5 still see the troll.

Delete cash/history/Reboot/delete cash/history, log on and click "remember me". (IE8).

However I tested one of Thaivisa's Avatar - and surprise that loaded and was visible in my posts.

So tried from TV's own avatar to my new avatar "monkey" - and got the same old "troll" avatar.

Now i'm clueless.

?

Edit: I use Thaivisa as HomePage. I tried another homepage to see if that changed anything - it did not.

So I am still stuck with that "Troll" avatar.

(and No, this is not a troll post)

Edited by Max2000

Solved.

I clicked:

"Tools"

"Internet option"

under "browsing history" I UNmark "delete browsing history on exit"

"apply"

"ok"

"Ctrl + F5 = New avatar now visible.

:D

lesson learned: never give up. Using Internet Explorer 8.

Just wanted to test this as I have the same problem. So I'm trying another PC. Funny thing is on one PC I see the new one, and on another (this) I see the old one.

BTW Max, looking at your avatar at the moment, I see a troll at a computer - not sure what you are seeing. I've often wondered whether what you yourself see on your own computer is the same as what other people see on theirs. The fact you now see a monkey and I a troll suggests it could well be different.

Now for a look at myself...

Edit: Max, any chance you could do me a favour and say what you see for me? Is it an incantation of several wizards (old) or a dashing blue wizard - that's me :D (new), as I still see the old one on this alternative PC for this post despite seeing the new one in my control panel, and new one on another PC :)

Edited by fletchsmile