Arriving Without A Visa - Uk Person

My English sister is planning a 20 day visit to LoS in January.

Normally I would recommend she simply arrive (at Swampy) and be given the free permission to stay for 30 days. However when she visits us in Kantaralak we may want to make a few days trip into Cambodia to Angkor Wat. We would be using a little-used (by farang) border crossing at Choam/Choam Sa Ngam (if I can find it!).

I presume her 30 day permission to stay will expire when she leaves Thailand for Cambodia. When she comes back into Thailand how long will she be given? I seem to recall that another 30 days would not be given at a land border but I am not sure whether she would be given a 15 day or 7 day permission. Is there a cost for re-entering Thailand?

I have a non-immigrant 'O' multiple entry 1 year visa expiring May next year. I assume that my re-entry would simply start another 90 day period and that there is no need for me to get a re-entry permit. Am I correct in that assumption?

Many thanks lopburi3.

I always wondered, when I have seen your monicker, what became of lopburi 1 and 2 :)

Yes - that border crossing is legal. Khao Pra Wihar is nearer to me but not legal - and definitely not a good idea at the moment! Too many soldiers.