Taco Valley On Pattaya Klang, What's The Buzz?!?

Jingthing

Mike's Mexican just moved to a new location several months ago - It is on a small soi (not sure which one) off of the east side of Thappraya Road. It's between the Pratamnak intersection and the Overpass, near 99 Baht Spaghetti and/or Mr. Mac Hotel/Rest. Keep an eye for the green neon cactus sign. Maybe others can help....

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect. Got a slow spot in the traffic and saw the cactus. Could not make it there for lunch today, but will very soon. Can't wait!

Thanks...

Craig

I rode by bike there today and inhale all the dust from the road construction.... It's on SOI 5 - there is a Family Mart on the corner - just go down that Soi you can't miss. Try their Margaritas (frozen or on the rocks) they're the best!!

Edited by whatchamacallit

• 4 weeks later...
Taco Valley now appears totally shut down. That was fast!

From my post 10 --

The guy behind this new place is probably a nice guy, but sorry, I don't predict they will make it

Another successful restaurant death prediction by moi.

Went past today and it is going to be a fish and chip shop! Doesn't look near ready to open but that's the engraving on the windows.

Taco Valley now appears totally shut down. That was fast!

From my post 10 --

The guy behind this new place is probably a nice guy, but sorry, I don't predict they will make it

Another successful restaurant death prediction by moi.

Went past today and it is going to be a fish and chip shop! Doesn't look near ready to open but that's the engraving on the windows.

Another F & C shop? Oh well. Let's see if it is better than Goose's. Doubtful.

We just need really good Mexican grub in Pattaya, and no, we don't have it yet. Bangkok and Chiang Mai have us beat,

Where do you recommend in Bangkok Jingthing?

Are you keeping it a secret Jingthing???

I ask as I'll be going to Bangkok and me and the missus both like Mexican food (at least the stuff we get at Mike's and Pancho Villa's in Seoul) so would like to try a more authentic taste.

• 1 month later...
Mike's Mexican just moved to a new location several months ago - It is on a small soi (not sure which one) off of the east side of Thappraya Road. It's between the Pratamnak intersection and the Overpass, near 99 Baht Spaghetti and/or Mr. Mac Hotel/Rest. Keep an eye for the green neon cactus sign. Maybe others can help....

Finally made it to Mike's last night. I have to say it was really good. As good or better than what I get in the Southwest US. Margs were pretty darn good also, as was the sangria. Will go back for sure and try some of the other dishes...my normal dish is chicken enchilada...with rice and beans of course! It was not cheap, but good. Dinner for 2, including 2 margs, 1 sangria, large guac w/chips, and decent tip was 1100 baht. And we were stuffed!

I'm kinda disapointed after reading about 7 pages about a possibly decent ( a relative term) mexican food in pattaya, that this new place has low hope. I've been to TR and the Parrot place just down the rd. from the penthouse and ... well..... I'm still looking for a mex place. Haven't bee to Mikes or the rich man poor man place so I'll have to give em a whirl. thanks for the heads up

I was down in Koh Phangan last year and there was (in my opinion) a awsome mex place on the rd going from Thong Sala to Had Rinn though.

I tried TR also, it was OK. But I was really impressed with Mike's. There were 4 of us, all lovers of Mex food. And we were all fairly impressed. Definitely worth a try. Let us know what you think also!

It would be nice if you and others would post here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Mexican-Rest...ev-t338021.html

This thread is for reviews and pics of Mexican restaurants in all of Thailand (makes it easier for it all to be in one place).

Thanks.

OK so tell ya what we will do,

I'll close this one with a link to the Thailand Mexican-Restaurants thread

HERE

If someone wants to start a Pattaya Mexican food thread I guess that's all right as well

Everybody happy with that?

//CLOSED//