Thai Visa Tragically Slow

t.s

so whether i use ie or firefox i am finding that thaivisa.com is making so many calls to ad sites, sponsors, Google analyitics etc that the actual content takes an age to draw.

small images like go to newest post, reply, start new topic as well as avatars and smilies take forever to appear if they ever do.

i am not suffering this on ANY other website.

in safari on my iphone tv is ok, but it really is getting so burdened with ads that it no longer functions smoothly for me.

is anybody else encountering this?

As i have stated, my internet connection is fine, in fact it has been very good of late. youtube stuff is instantaneous, other sites are snappy. it is only thai visa.

friends on a dedicated corporate line to singapore have commented the same thing, and that line is blindingly quick

these are just some of the calls i could see reloading a page a few times.

i have often finished reading a page before everything is loaded.

as i have said, i am having NO other problems with other sites i view

adma.effective measure.net

gov.au.org

doubleclick

static.thaivisa

truehits

google analytics

google ads

www2.thaivisa.com

adjuggler

google syndication

i have finished typing and this page is still bringing down content

Having no problems, whatsoever.

Strangely, my ThaiVisa downloads are even faster tonight. One click and I`m in.

I advise the OP to conduct a virus or trojan scan on his computer. Perhaps the ThaiVisa page is being hi-jacked and diverted elsewhere.

Edited by sassienie

I am experiencing same problem only in my home computer . Its a linux machine with firefox as default browser, I also use OpenDns may be that's the problem because browsing TV in work have no problem where they don't use OpenDns. I had the same problem earlier last month but it was working normally for a few days but its not working again . Most of them have a problem reaching static.thaivisa.com , that's the same problem I have.

Edited by shriah

There does seem to be a serious issue with DNS servers access to static site with the dual Oldie and Hope system. I just had external sever take more than two minutes to get Oldie to appear using outside server (which is great for every other site on the internet) using http://static.thaivisa.com. Further requests get immediate new tab of Oldie but a request to TV forum http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/ from the Oldie Tab get me the forum page quickly but five mintues later is still trying to load static (and have tried this multi times).

As many of us in Thailand do use outside DNS servers would call this an issue.

I am currently using 129.250.35.250/251 as DNS servers. Firefox 3.5.3 True ADSL

Do seem to be able to use site without static.thaivisa.com ever finnishing 'read'.

Edited by lopburi3

Dont know if you are still working on it or not george, but ive been having problems with the forum at various times throught this day. Such as pages half loading, timing out, slow loading and like the image below. Just thought id pass that on.

hmm.jpg

There appears to have been a problem yesterday around 5:25 PM for 1h 9m. That was the time from the last post to the next one that showed up. Also, just a short time ago it was unavailable for several minutes. Believe it's a routing problem or similar International access issue to the TV server.

I agree. Only because of that, I have to rely on browser add-ons to make my tv visit more bearable. Sad, as I would like to visit the banners more often. This site is loaded with strange remote and invisible links, that it does slow the site tremendously.

This is not a yesterday issue. This has been going on for years.