Thai Passport Renewal

My wife's needs to renew her Thai passport

Has anyone used the 3 day renewal process in BKK

Just wondering if there are large queues and how long it takes to submit the application?

My wife saw a note on the website that you can book an appointment a couple of days in advance but cannot see a link?

Thanks

just turn up with oil passport and ID card.

It is fast and efficient, probably one of the best run and reliable public services you'll see anywhere in the world (and I'm serious on that).

Likely to be a 30 min to 1 hour turn around, at most, and the passport will be sent to you within the week (so long as you pay the 30 baht postal fee)

It is fast and efficient, probably one of the best run and reliable public services you'll see anywhere in the world (and I'm serious on that).

Likely to be a 30 min to 1 hour turn around, at most, and the passport will be sent to you within the week (so long as you pay the 30 baht postal fee)

Mind you, if you applied at Sydney or Canberra it'd take about two months Samran. They really only play well on the home ground. :) Not so hot away.

Mind you, if you applied at Sydney or Canberra it'd take about two months Samran. They really only play well on the home ground. :) Not so hot away.

Very true doc...and the fact that you have to go to Canberra...can put anyone off.

Seriously though, a few people in London reported a 2 to 3 week turn around..wonder why the Aus brances are that much slower? other way around is simply to enter Thailand on the expired passport and then get the new one while here...if that is an option.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes it is an option.

Any Thai national with expired passport, can fly back to their country (Thailand) and renew in country.

So I take it she would be able to fly back to Thailand with less than 6 months remaining on her passport?

Thanks for the replies.
Yes it is an option.

Any Thai national with expired passport, can fly back to their country (Thailand) and renew in country.

So I take it she would be able to fly back to Thailand with less than 6 months remaining on her passport?

She'll have no problems doing that.

Once issued with the new passport, she should keep the one she has now, especially if it has any long term visas for other countries she needs which will still be valid.

Airlines can check the IATA data base, which gives all the entry rules for most countries. The data base shows that a Thai national can return on an expired passport. So if check-in makes a problem ask them to check it and she will be all right.

• 1 month later...

Just turn up 'where' and what is the address please? We went a few years back but can't remember where it was.

Just turn up 'where' and what is the address please? We went a few years back but can't remember where it was.

the passport office?!?

Seriously though..where are you located?

Your profile says Nakhon sawan, so I think the ofice in pitsanulok is the nearest one.

A list of Passport offices can be found here: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2633.php

(Just click on Department of Consulair Affairs and a list will apear).