Job Agency In Pattaya?

jumpstart

There is a job centre (Pattaya Job Centre) near the back entrance of Carrefour, but I don't know whether they do jobs for foreigners.

Drive on 3rd road from Pattaya Klaang up to Pattaya North Road.

Take the turn right where it says: "Carrefour", after the road bends right it's the 2nd or 3rd shop on the right side.

Unfortunately, local hired expat work in Thailand is mainly advertised through word of mouth, and even that is just a small amount of the expat work base, as most expats are appointed to their overseas jobs by their home office...

The jobcenter mentioned above (behind carrefour) does not do foreigners, although they were more efficient of Thai staff then I expected!

Check out Rat Pack International at www.ratpackinternational.com

Of course they are not in Pattaya and you have to pay a fee to join but they have many overseas job listings. Good luck.

Avoid any agency that wants to charge YOU to find you a job.

The reputable agencies get their fees from the employer when they have sucessfully placed a candidate.

Unfortunately, local hired expat work in Thailand is mainly advertised through word of mouth, and even that is just a small amount of the expat work base, as most expats are appointed to their overseas jobs by their home office...

The jobcenter mentioned above (behind carrefour) does not do foreigners, although they were more efficient of Thai staff then I expected!

I did actually find work through 2 of the 3 expat run agencies that have closed and 1 of the others that are now only operating out of Bangkok. But that was some years ago now.

Check out Rat Pack International at www.ratpackinternational.com

Of course they are not in Pattaya and you have to pay a fee to join but they have many overseas job listings. Good luck.

Avoid any agency that wants to charge YOU to find you a job.

The reputable agencies get their fees from the employer when they have sucessfully placed a candidate.

I agree. Rat Pack doesn't actually take you on as a client. They supply addresses, who to contact, upcoming projects etc. Kind of similar to the old Fischer Report if you're familiar with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the contact details anymore but try a search for

Brunel Energy - used to be above Tony Roma's in BKK.

Technilink - left Pattaya and don't know their Bangkok location

I'm pretty sure they have Pattaya based guys that visit the petrochem places in Rayong and MTP to get business.

There are actually a couple in the Eastern Seaboard - PRTR based in Laem Chebang and Pacific 2000 based in Chonburi. May prove tricky to get a position in the surrounding area of Pattaya, but certainly not impossible, depending on your experience. You may fair better in Bangkok, where there are several more agencies. Do a search under Recruitment Consultants, Thailand on Google.

Good luck

watchoutfarang.