Sale Of Laptop At Internet

Hey

I hope some one can help me.

I have sold a laptop at the internet and the buyer say he have made i payment at paypal and he would like me to send the laptop to Nigeria

But i dont trust it becouse i cant see the money is there and it say they are "pending" but at my profile at paypal i should could see that.

The paypal email i got look like this:

Dear,Mr...... This email confirm that Mr T.... has sent you 370 pound for a Gumtree item with PayPal. .............................. .............................. .............................. ............... Payment Details Amount: 270 pound Postage & Packing: 100 pound Postal Compensation: 00.00 pound Total Amount: 370 pound

Routing Code: C...-L...-Q...-T....

.............................. .............................. .............................. ............ For security purposes, This payment is pending because it was sent in a currency in which you do not currently hold a balance.The funds has been removed from the buyer's account which will be credited to your account as soon as we receive the shipment reference number to avoid fraud because many sellers don't ship the items after their accounts have been credited.To complete this transaction,get back to us with the Shipment Reference Number so that we can verify that the item has been shipped and transfer the funds deducted from the buyer's PayPal account to your account.If you have any question or you want to send the Shipment details,contact us at PayPal customercare send the Shipment Reference Number to us as to credit your account.

Item Information:

Gumtree Item Lenovo 3000 N200 2 GHz

Gumtree Item Quantity: Gumtree Item Value: 270 pound

Total Amount:

370 pound .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ................ ***Please Note***

The buyer of this item has requested this item to be shipped to the below address. Buyer's Shipping Information. Delivery Information:

Name: //'deleted//

State:Ogun State

Postal Code: 23439

Country: Nigeria. Total amount: 370 pound Transaction ID:............................ Subject: Ship It Today. Confirmed

Mrs. A.S. Roseline Paypal Customer Care.With PayPal, you always shop without sharing your financial information.

PayPal (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom as an electronic money institution

did you require payment in british pound, usd or euro.... or any currency....? lol

pls stick to your original terms.... surely you do not want to exchange any worthless currency from any country in the world, do you?.... lol

Edited by nakachalet

I recommend not doing any business with persons in Nigeria.......too many scams going on there.

I worked in Chad, Africa for awhile, and even the Chadians would not deal with the Nigerians because they were so untrustworty/clever.

Good luck.

Mostly after seeing the money in your paypal account you send item, then conformation is sent to the buyer, a day or so later you will get a message from Paypal saying the money has been frozen as the transaction was made with a fraudulent card

Be very careful sending any item to Nigeria, or for that matter to eastern Europe..

Try to withdraw the money before you send....... Like send a package with just the case inside 1st, after you give the buyer the Tracing number of the item sent, then check to see if the money has been frozen, at least you will have only lost the price of a laptop bag..

I used to work in the online sales department for Oakley in the US, and they had a list from the FBI of countries with the highest online credit card fraud, Nigeria was on the top of that list.

Like everyone says its fraud, don't do any business with them!

Hey

I hope some one can help me.

I have sold a laptop at the internet and the buyer say he have made i payment at paypal and he would like me to send the laptop to Nigeria

But i dont trust it becouse i cant see the money is there and it say they are "pending" but at my profile at paypal i should could see that.

The paypal email i got look like this:

Dear,Mr...... This email confirm that Mr T.... has sent you 370 pound for a Gumtree item with PayPal. .............................. .............................. .............................. ............... Payment Details Amount: 270 pound Postage & Packing: 100 pound Postal Compensation: 00.00 pound Total Amount: 370 pound

Routing Code: C...-L...-Q...-T....

.............................. .............................. .............................. ............ For security purposes, This payment is pending because it was sent in a currency in which you do not currently hold a balance.The funds has been removed from the buyer's account which will be credited to your account as soon as we receive the shipment reference number to avoid fraud because many sellers don't ship the items after their accounts have been credited.To complete this transaction,get back to us with the Shipment Reference Number so that we can verify that the item has been shipped and transfer the funds deducted from the buyer's PayPal account to your account.If you have any question or you want to send the Shipment details,contact us at PayPal customercare send the Shipment Reference Number to us as to credit your account.

Item Information:

Gumtree Item Lenovo 3000 N200 2 GHz

Gumtree Item Quantity: Gumtree Item Value: 270 pound

Total Amount:

370 pound .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ................ ***Please Note***

The buyer of this item has requested this item to be shipped to the below address. Buyer's Shipping Information. Delivery Information:

Name: //'deleted//

State:Ogun State

Postal Code: 23439

Country: Nigeria. Total amount: 370 pound Transaction ID:............................ Subject: Ship It Today. Confirmed

Mrs. A.S. Roseline Paypal Customer Care.With PayPal, you always shop without sharing your financial information.

PayPal (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom as an electronic money institution

its a complete nonsense, paypal do not operate this kind of ship the item then you get paid service

its a bastardisation of a genuine paypal information email

i am selling a laptop on TV and i have had four similar attempts from Nigerian fraudsters

all have been reported to support at TV and the email of the scammers blocked.

Nice try thou, got myself one of those for an item I have never even posted for sale. Was funny that the guy insisted to send the item out as he already made payment, otherwise he'll sue me.

What can you do, you can't brand them all with the same "name" as long as they are from Nigeria, they are all scammers thou not Nigerians, oooops that came out wrong????/

:D :D :):D

I have done a lot of business with Paypal, mostly through Ebay sales and buys.

Yes, Paypal will put payments in "pending status" for various reasons concerning payment source.

You can send a shipping confirmation WITHOUT sending the merchandise through any major shipper such as EMS, UPS and Fed Ex. They will hold the item until you tell them to ship, and that is after the money is no longer pending and actually in your paypal account. Remember too, Paypal can/may charge an exchange fee on the currency.

The other responders are correct in their posts about Nigeria. Dot your "i" and cross your "t" before doing business there. The scam capitol of the world...!!!

Xlineshooter