Invitation To First Annual Thaivisa Benefit Weekend

bazmlb

1st Annual Thaivisa Benefit Weekend will be held on the 21/22nd of November.

The location for this years event will be at Xen Hideaway Resort In Kanchanaburi

thaivisa_benefit_weekend.jpg

ACCOMMODATION Details:

(Room Rates and Availability Subject To Change)

All rates are per room – double occupancy including ABF.

Xen Hideaway Resort:

Superior:1,200thb / Deluxe Room: 1,400thb

Pool Villa (1 Bedroom) 4,000thb / Pool Villa (2 Bedroom): 6,500thb

Note For Xen Hideaway: Additional 3rd person – 600thb surcharge. (Applicable to Superior & Deluxe)

Aek Pailin: Superior: 1,400thb

Pavilion Hotel: Superior: 1,300thb

Phone Numbers:

Xen Hideaway: (Khun Kan) 081 550 0522

Aek Pailin: 03 458 7555

Pavilion Hotel:03 451 3800

Ride Details:

ride.png

sunday_ride.png

This is a charity event. Thaivisa has no commercial involvement with the event and or the hotels listed.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raro. move some stuff around on the plate and go... its gonna be fun.

Moo Baan Dek is a large Orphanage in Kachanburi.

http://www.ffc.or.th/mbd/

All proceeds from ticket sales etc go to the charity. Please also note that they have a donations section on their website, so even if you are not coming you can still donate. but hey if ya gonna donate come and join the fun,fun,fun

The idea is if this one works we will do a yearly bike weekend in a different province and different charity each year.

Edited by thaicbr

More Information about the Event

BUSINESS SPONSORS:

We would like to request if you can contribute to the event either through financial donation

or vouchers similar to those requested for Annual Staff parties. Any amount ranging from 1,500

thb up will give you full mention and logo placement on all collateral promoting the event as

well as in collateral published as thanks to all sponsors through various media. As sponsor we

will also place your flyers – promotions at the Front Office of each respective hotel

and the event for the duration of the event.

(Please note: To allow sufficient time for printing and preparation of all collateral, we kindly

request all donations to be submitted by 31 October 2009.)

INDIVIDUAL SPONSORS:

Booths are available (see below). Any amount from 1,500thb up will give you full mention and

logo placement on all collateral promoting the event.

(Please note: To allow sufficient time for printing and preparation of all collateral, we kindly

request all donations to be submitted by 31 October 2009.)

EVENT PARTICIPANTS:

Tickets / Event Pass (for two days events) 250thb per person.

BOOTH SPACE:

A total of 34 booths are being allocated, 9 booths are remaining and available..

For individuals who wish to sponsor a booth – 1,000thb including electricity for the booth

(limitations of the amount of electrical equipment used are applicable).

For more information - contact : (English):

Khun Chris 084 915 7009

Your very funny thaivisa. According to the itinerary a grand total of 45 minutes is spent at the orphanage, the rest of the time is social time, which is nothing more than drinking and chatting and maybe making a date, then more drinking and eating, dj, music, dancing girls, more social on the second day, buffet, breakfast and more party time, and again just 45 minutes at the orphanage. Now if you were going to visit these kids and play games with them, maybe have a football match or other activities, or take them to a theme park, bring some fun into their lives, it would be worthwhile, but not the way presented here. This is nothing more than a party weekend for thaivisa members.

Your very funny thaivisa. According to the itinerary a grand total of 45 minutes is spent at the orphanage, the rest of the time is social time, which is nothing more than drinking and chatting and maybe making a date, then more drinking and eating, dj, music, dancing girls, more social on the second day, buffet, breakfast and more party time, and again just 45 minutes at the orphanage. Now if you were going to visit these kids and play games with them, maybe have a football match or other activities, or take them to a theme park, bring some fun into their lives, it would be worthwhile, but not the way presented here. This is nothing more than a party weekend for thaivisa members.

Actually the Foundation For Children has a tight daily routine for the kids... At first they were able to give us 45 min, but it might be longer.. If you check their site (google it) you can see why these kids need the extra assistance (no govt assistance)... Long story.. the kids will also have a chance to visit the property (later date) on a quarterly basis (treat from the owner of the property) for a free play day - mini kids carnival kinda thing.

Sorry about the fonts and layout - did this myself (not a pro designer! lol)

Cheers to everyone for their support! Look forward to meeting up with the TV members as well...

Also bobnyc.. The event is about raising money for Foundation For Children. They already do a great job with the kids but need the money to feed and house the kids. Try to be positive about CHARITY events please.

Tmark... see post 5 for details of the charity. also if you click on the poster it gets bigger

Its good to see the positive comments guys. keep them coming.Also this is a bike weekend BUT you do not have to have a bike to attend the event. All are welcome.

Edited by thaicbr

:)

The funny thing is you. Why be so negative? At least some well needed money will be raised, it shouldn't matter about it being a social event.

Less of the guilt trip please.

I did a trip to the orphanage a couple years ago with a group of Thais. It was a rewarding, worthwhile and fun day. I would encourage everyone to participate.

It might be a good idea for Thai Visa to encourage the participating hotels to contribute a percentage of their weekend take to the orphanage. Just a thought.

May I ask what charity is benefiting from this? I can only see details about room rates and maps to get there.

Foundation for children its on the top of the poster (you should of gone to speck savers)

That small print is totally unreadable on my mini computer. Mustn't be very important then. I would have thought a little more detail on the "charity" would be in order.

You seem very interested, so are you gonna donate ?

Also bobnyc.. The event is about raising money for Foundation For Children. They already do a great job with the kids but need the money to feed and house the kids. Try to be positive about CHARITY events please.

Tmark... see post 5 for details of the charity. also if you click on the poster it gets bigger

Its good to see the positive comments guys. keep them coming.Also this is a bike weekend BUT you do not have to have a bike to attend the event. All are welcome.

NO WHEELS............so how do we get there .

really yok.... you can go by bus to Kanchanaburi from the southern bus station. then bus or taxi out to the event site.....easy peasy.

Qed... it does take a while for the poster to show. i think you will get a pm with more info soon.

Edited by thaicbr

Yeah..so.

I'll buy the kids the first round of Jager shots.. that'll take at least 45 min.

Hi everyone.. Ok - can we "try" to not stray off the subject of the event FOR raising funds... If we have too much banter and not streamline the posts to actual q & a, info, etc.. too many posts of "trash" just make this non reader friendly for those truly wanting the info and more...

Cheers!

PS: Don't forget we also have the group ride from Future Park Rangsit to Kanchanaburi the morning of the event.

Edited by a_classic_cigar

May I ask what charity is benefiting from this? I can only see details about room rates and maps to get there.

Foundation for children its on the top of the poster (you should of gone to speck savers)

That small print is totally unreadable on my mini computer. Mustn't be very important then. I would have thought a little more detail on the "charity" would be in order.

You seem very interested, so are you gonna donate ?

No, I'm not. I was just curious about the "charity" as info about it in the initial post seemed to take second place to everything else. After checking out the link in post 5 I see they do need extra the dosh but I'm sure they will do fine with the help of generous souls like yourself living in richer countries like Oz. 

I work here in LOS and the handouts I constantly give to beggars is enough to keep my karmic balance in the black at the moment. 

tmark..... if you don't know the answer why on earth do you post. Also seriously if you could not see the info about the Charity you really should a) get new glasses or :) b, set your computer up properley ( I also have an eepc).

Luckily you are correct that 100% of the money goes to the charity. No palms needed to be greased. its for charity for gods sake.

This event has taken some major time and effort to organise.

Zebo...The event has been sponsored by the owner of the event ground and other sponsors including Thaivisa. so gate receipts (your money) go to the charity.

I to work in Thailand but that is the point of this event to show that we foreigners can bring some thing back to Thailand.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Your very funny thaivisa. According to the itinerary a grand total of 45 minutes is spent at the orphanage,

Actually the Foundation For Children has a tight daily routine for the kids... At first they were able to give us 45 min, but it might be longer.. If you check their site (google it) you can see why these kids need the extra assistance (no govt assistance)... Long story.. the kids will also have a chance to visit the property (later date) on a quarterly basis (treat from the owner of the property) for a free play day - mini kids carnival kinda thing.

Sorry about the fonts and layout - did this myself (not a pro designer! lol)

Cheers to everyone for their support! Look forward to meeting up with the TV members as well...

The fact that time with the kids is limited is a good thing. It is a sign that they are being protected and well cared for. What kind of moron would allow a bunch of strangers to donate 250 baht and have free access to a bunch of orphans in their care. Access needs to be limited so it can be controlled. I am glad to see they are watching out for the kids.

tmark..... if you don't know the answer why on earth do you post. Also seriously if you could not see the info about the Charity you really should a) get new glasses or :D b, set your computer up properley ( I also have an eepc).

Luckily you are correct that 100% of the money goes to the charity. No palms needed to be greased. its for charity for gods sake.

This event has taken some major time and effort to organise.

Zebo...The event has been sponsored by the owner of the event ground and other sponsors including Thaivisa. so gate receipts (your money) go to the charity.

I to work in Thailand but that is the point of this event to show that we foreigners can bring some thing back to Thailand.

Allan

My God ! What a pedantic rant that was. My apologies. I didn't realize that expressing "opinions" were "verboten" Nothing wrong with my PC setup .. it's tiny, that's all (wow .. really asking for some out of context quoting there .. never mind). Please go back and read earlier posts that make logical statements that not all details were available about the charity in the 1st post. Details and links have since been made which I have stated that I have read already. So what's your problem? Catch up man!

Again, sorry you were so upset. You really should try to lighten up a little though.

PS .. I can spell "properly" though.

Cheers! :)

Edited by tmark