Honda Crf 450 X

bkkbaza

I would like to buy a Honda CRF 450 X, not the R model, looking for a new one. Does anybody know of any shops that can order me one. I know they cannot be registered etc. no no worries there, just looking for somehwere that will deliver as promised without any long delays, rip offs or bs in general. Any information or recomendations appreciated, thanks in advance.

Looks to me that you are asking for something illegal. :)

Looks to me like you have no valuable information to add and that you do not have a clue as to what you are on about, if a bike is imported legally, duty paid etc, however not registered for road use then it can be used offroad on private land, on track and in competition, so, that said, have a think before making comment, have a nice day.

there's a shop called Dirt Shop in On Nut, you could ask there. Maybe Red Baron could import one? Apparently the Thais in the MX scene are very friendly, maybe go to a race and ask around.

Thanks for that, I have sent emails to both shops so will see if anything positive comes back. Cheers.

Looks to me that you are asking for something illegal. :)
How do you work that out ?,i have 3 unregistered bikes,all with import papers only, all used for off road use and in 18 years ive never had a problem, maybe the op wants it for enduro ( as its intended for )

Why are you after the X version and not the R?

The bigger ratio gearbox or you want lights?

R is a moto crosser, X is enduro and road legal, but biggest plus over the R is electric start,.......

I did not ask what the difference is!

Primarily the gearing, the electric start and lights are a bonus.....

Why are you after the X version and not the R?

The bigger ratio gearbox or you want lights?

R is a moto crosser, X is enduro and road legal, but biggest plus over the R is electric start,.......

I did not ask what the difference is!

Maybe i should not have directed my reply at you, however it was obvious to me that the bikes are totally different and he wanted the x for a reason,.

Have you considered a YZF, I know someone who can import them.
I think the op wants an enduro bike, ie lights/elec start, the yzf is a moto x bike,and has none,.,the yamaha equivalant is the wr450, can your friend import that model ? .....

You are correct, I'm not sure, the OP should message me if he's interested.

I have a Honda CRF 450 X and it is fully road legal and is a registered bike, the downside, the 450cc is a bit too much for the raining season mud. In the raining season I wish it was a 250 and in the dry season I get wet on being a 450 it is so a good machine for rural Thai that I never could understand why it is not available in Thailand.

I have a Honda CRF 450 X and it is fully road legal and is a registered bike, the downside, the 450cc is a bit too much for the raining season mud. In the raining season I wish it was a 250 and in the dry season I get wet on being a 450 it is so a good machine for rural Thai that I never could understand why it is not available in Thailand.

Where did you manage to get your bike Richard, through a dealer or did you bring it in yourself, any info appreciated, thanks.

Have you considered a YZF, I know someone who can import them.
I think the op wants an enduro bike, ie lights/elec start, the yzf is a moto x bike,and has none,.,the yamaha equivalant is the wr450, can your friend import that model ? .....

You are correct, I'm not sure, the OP should message me if he's interested.

Thanks for the offer, I see quite a lot of YZF's coming up for sale on various sites, mostly 250's though. I will keep at it in trying to get a CRF somehow but yes I have a plan B and C so see how it goes. If it comes to that I will drop you a line, thanks.

I have never ridden a 450 class 4 stroke crosser.. So I am kinda wondering, how do they stack up against a (much cheaper) 250 2 stroke ?? I would have thought the 2 stroke would have weight on its side and be not far off in power terms ??

Course reliability etc might play into thinking but its a crosser, its not to do lots of long haul and my uses wouldnt include baja / long rallying more just some hooning about.

Been thinking more and more about a small dirt bike, even a well sorted Thai modded up supercup thing, just enough to play on the jungle trails.

I have never ridden a 450 class 4 stroke crosser.. So I am kinda wondering, how do they stack up against a (much cheaper) 250 2 stroke ?? I would have thought the 2 stroke would have weight on its side and be not far off in power terms ??

Course reliability etc might play into thinking but its a crosser, its not to do lots of long haul and my uses wouldnt include baja / long rallying more just some hooning about.

Been thinking more and more about a small dirt bike, even a well sorted Thai modded up supercup thing, just enough to play on the jungle trails.

Four strokes enduros use very modern technology, a CFR450 would weigh about the same with similar power to a CR250. Reliability is better on the 4 strokes, but the are more complex engines, so when something need to it's more involved.

An older 2 stroke is not really an option if you want registration. A lot of CRM250 didn't have the proper reg and have been confiscated.

Yeah the rego aspect is of course a biggie..

As I say I havent ridden a modern 450 4 stroke crosser.. But my experiences with DRZ400 or XR400 4 strokes just little 10 min goes, is none had that kind of snap and certain sparkle that a nice light 2 stroke gives.. Hence why I was curious if these modern ones do. The XR was close, and I am sure one could be hotted up to get it there, but I almost favor a lighter and in price terms almost disposable mini thing like a super cup for trail riding.

The XR was close, and I am sure one could be hotted up to get it there, but I almost favor a lighter and in price terms almost disposable mini thing like a super cup for trail riding.

The new 4 strokes are worlds apart from the XR, apparently. Weightwise the 4 strokes are about the same.

For the converted scooter thing, I'm looking at it also, but even this can get pricy is you want proper suspension. I've started doing it and will post the results.

The XR was close, and I am sure one could be hotted up to get it there, but I almost favor a lighter and in price terms almost disposable mini thing like a super cup for trail riding.

The new 4 strokes are worlds apart from the XR, apparently. Weightwise the 4 strokes are about the same.

For the converted scooter thing, I'm looking at it also, but even this can get pricy is you want proper suspension. I've started doing it and will post the results.

Define pricey.. Someone posted 3 different ones that all looked above average sorted for 25k and under.. I was over on Samui last weekend and saw 10s of them and tin shacks that seemed to specialize in those nova / dash converted things.

I mean the kind of real bikes we are talking here must run in the 200 - 400 range (booked late model etc) and I am just thinking a little bush basher.. I have a lead on a 250 2 stroke crosser I am thinking of which would be far more capable but a converted dash would have a plate, the crosser never will, while I wouldnt ride it distance it would be handy to be able to scoot the island finding new trails without fear of losing the bike at every corner.

Sorry for the OT in the thread.. I realize theres a world of difference from these thai built chop jobs to the stuff being discussed but just figuring fun per baht in my head.

Define pricey.. Someone posted 3 different ones that all looked above average sorted for 25k and under.. I was over on Samui last weekend and saw 10s of them and tin shacks that seemed to specialize in those nova / dash converted things.

I mean the kind of real bikes we are talking here must run in the 200 - 400 range (booked late model etc) and I am just thinking a little bush basher.. I have a lead on a 250 2 stroke crosser I am thinking of which would be far more capable but a converted dash would have a plate, the crosser never will, while I wouldnt ride it distance it would be handy to be able to scoot the island finding new trails without fear of losing the bike at every corner.

Sorry for the OT in the thread.. I realize theres a world of difference from these thai built chop jobs to the stuff being discussed but just figuring fun per baht in my head.

Those bikes for 20 - 25k are 125 Novas with modified 150cc suspension - probably fine for what your talking about but not real MX or enduro stuff.

They look nice, but this is mainly due to the plastic conversion kits. They are registered, but not street legal, but you won't have it confiscated.

What a lot of Thais are doing is buying old MX bikes for around 20k, then buying old 2 strokes for around 5k and putting the two together. Then there is the conversion kits for about 4k, then the cost of the work to strengthen/adapt the frame and rebuild the engine. A reputable mechanic will have plenty of work and charge accordingly.

So your looking at 40k easily. There are XRs with plates around for 55k.

I've had an XR and would like a two stroke, I've seen very good KR150 conversions and these have a bit more go than a Dash, but not many mechanics can do them.

A lot of it has to do with what's available to you, how well you know the person selling/fixing up the bike.

The advantage with an XR is it's a real dirt bike, the advantage with modified bike is it can be fixed easily and parts are cheap.

Edited by mixed

I bought my Honda CRF 450 X from a guy in Chonburi, it was in remarkable bad shape when I bought the then 1 year old machine. But most important the paperwork was complete and a few weeks after I bought it was registered ... With the help of some fake indicator lights and the help of a "friend"....

The Honda CRF 450 X is a perfect machine, it is around 110 kilo, similar to a Honda CBR150R and has about 50 horses under a twist of the wrist... To compare the Honda CRF 450 X to for example a KTM 250 EXC, which weigh about 10 kilo less but has the same power on hand... and it almost feels that the power comes twice as fast...

But as some previous posting said, trying to register a two-stroke big bike is asking to lose money and time... And not forget that power is not everything, a two-stroke's power can be difficult to control in times you want to minimize traction ... even with a 450cc 4-stroke this can be difficult...

Edited by Richard-BKK

there is a CRF450X for sale on mocyc.com.

the advert is about 2 weeks old so check the back pages. the price hurts though at 295,000baht. does have some goodies though, motard wheels, full devil exhaust system, rekluse clutch.

A friend of mine has a WR450 for sale 2005 model for a fair amount less than that if you fancy riding a blue bike.....

plenty of R models around though, however if its enduro only you'll be ridng then the R can be quite a handful. I ride my R for enduro but have a 9oz flywheel weight on it to try and quell the power. DOESNT WORK!!

if orange is your flavour then i have a another friend selling a 2007 KTM 525 EXC.

if you want any more details just send us a pm.

cheers.

• 10 months later...

Hi

If you still want a crf 450 i can import one for you the price is ca. 160.000,-- baht and the delivertime ca. one month maybe 3 weeks. if you have some questions please contakt me.

Kindly regarts Thomas Bruestle

Tonys shop