Mitsubishi Lancer

raro

It is one of the many cars that I would consider. Any experience with Lancers in here? Resell value? Performance? Comfortable sitting (for tall guys like me....), features?

Hi raro,

I owned a Subaru Imprezza WRX in Thailand, i sold it after about 1 year & got about 3/4 the price i paid for it.

May i ask what the attraction of the Mitsubishi is?....i sold my subaru, for a Fortuner & don't regret it. It is a far better car for the Thai roads, i daren't drive to fast in the Subaru because of the pot holes & everybody trying to race me!

But thats just my point of view.

Cheers

Chris

Funny thing, I was in the local dealership yesterday to get the ECU checked on one of my Mitsu's and I was having a look at the Lancer Evo in the showroom. Ferrari performance for Au$65,000.........that has to be a great deal!

I used to love Subaru. Not any more!

I saw a Subaru on display at Central Bang Na the other day. Seems to be a great performance car but for the price (way over a Million), it had no features that others have at much lower costs. Leather seats and cruise control to start with.

So the Mitsu has a low retail value...that is a concern as I want to drive it three years only. Maybe get me a 1 year old with low mileage.

The Fortuner...I cannot explain its popularity. Again, I rented one for about ten days three years ago when the extended family came for a visit and was happy when I returned it. Its performance in corners is terrible to say the least.

I saw a Subaru on display at Central Bang Na the other day. Seems to be a great performance car but for the price (way over a Million), it had no features that others have at much lower costs. Leather seats and cruise control to start with.

So the Mitsu has a low retail value...that is a concern as I want to drive it three years only. Maybe get me a 1 year old with low mileage.

The Fortuner...I cannot explain its popularity. Again, I rented one for about ten days three years ago when the extended family came for a visit and was happy when I returned it. Its performance in corners is terrible to say the least.

I was looking at that same Subaru and was shocked at the price for what you get. you are right, its a crap deal. I had a 2.0 L civic that that was better equiped and had better performance in my mind. cloth seats, urgh, forget it. a very basic car for the money.

Do you have any pictures of the Lancer with out all the plastic body kit attached? My wife wants one of the new factory Petrol/CNG models. Is 2.0 liter the only engine offering? Less power would suit her better. You say the interior isn't too nice. You mean poor quality or not visually appealing? Thanks. Appreciate the info so far.

Grant, what is included in the ralliart package? Overseas, that includes modified engine internals, but doubt thats the case here. Is it only the body kit? 154K is a fair chunk of change.

I saw the list of RallyArt accessories in Thai but I don't think that there is something about engine - just the wheels, exterior and interior:

f9ba2336ab01.jpg

Do you have any pictures of the Lancer with out all the plastic body kit attached? My wife wants one of the new factory Petrol/CNG models. Is 2.0 liter the only engine offering? Less power would suit her better. You say the interior isn't too nice. You mean poor quality or not visually appealing? Thanks. Appreciate the info so far.

There is no CNG from the factory but 1.8 engine with FFV - Fuel Fllexible Vhicle. You can use any gase 91,95, E10,E20 and E85 which cost 18 baht only.

Exterior

2009_10_05_Lancer_EX_12.jpg

Interior

2009_10_05_Lancer_EX_28.jpg

The hatchback is according to the dealer in Pattaya not on sale in the Thai market, although they make the model here. But export only. If it was, the decision would be very easy

70366.jpg

The second-tier player from Japan also conducted a market survey to ascertain whether Thais would want to buy a five-door hatchback variation, which is now available for the European market where it is known as Sportback.

"We showed them pictures [of the hatchback], but Thais still prefer the saloon," noted one insider at Mitsubishi. "The hatch's such a handsome-looking car, but we don't get it."

Bangkok Post

The hatchback is according to the dealer in Pattaya not on sale in the Thai market, although they make the model here. But export only. If it was, the decision would be very easy

70366.jpg

The second-tier player from Japan also conducted a market survey to ascertain whether Thais would want to buy a five-door hatchback variation, which is now available for the European market where it is known as Sportback.

"We showed them pictures [of the hatchback], but Thais still prefer the saloon," noted one insider at Mitsubishi. "The hatch's such a handsome-looking car, but we don't get it."

Bangkok Post

what a shame! It looks really great!

The new 2010 lancer is thai assembled with a 2.0 normally aspirated engine, and is definatly not in the league if the japanese imported evo models,and thats the problem, the customs will have raked the importers over the coals hence the stupidly high price of the evo models, i bought an evo 5 in japan and all up in the uk it owed me 12000 pounds, and that was in 2001 !,..thats why i just cant bring myself to pay the (inflated ) thai prices,. :)

Hi, Fellow car seekers.

This new sleek cool car is another attempt to hijack your cash on an inferior product with little or no zip. Mitzi is notorious for building crap 4 bangers the world over. The prices are grossly inflated as well due to the heavy 35% excise plus some add ons if less than 60% Thai content.

I am looking at everything out there and my conclusion is buy a honda or a toyota and forget the rest.

I have been in the business for a lifetime at every juncture and see this basically as a no brainer.

Now,if I can just find some dealership with an English speaking salesman.

russ

Hi, Fellow car seekers.

This new sleek cool car is another attempt to hijack your cash on an inferior product with little or no zip. Mitzi is notorious for building crap 4 bangers the world over. The prices are grossly inflated as well due to the heavy 35% excise plus some add ons if less than 60% Thai content.

I am looking at everything out there and my conclusion is buy a honda or a toyota and forget the rest.

I have been in the business for a lifetime at every juncture and see this basically as a no brainer.

Now,if I can just find some dealership with an English speaking salesman.

russ

Yeah, their top model here has a lousy 2 airbage, but the same model in the Phils has 7, plus a kick ass entertainment system.

I've got a honda and curently dealing with some shitty service at one branch - they seem to thinkdeep gouges on the rear disc that suddenly happened is totally normal and nothing to do with their faulty pads. Luckily I changed the fronts to aftermarket. Now I just supply Honda with the parts I want fitted and dont use their oem shit.

jut back from the test drive....mmm...mixed feelings. I test drove the Honda Civic 1.8 l just before the 2.0 l Lancer and the Honda is the better car.

The Lancer was louder, not as comfortable and in the Honda I could pull out the steering wheel. Big advantage for tall people like me. Moreover, I can place my little Netbook with GPS Music and more gizmos on the Honda's dashboard but this doesn't work in the Lancer. The only department where the Lancer was better was power...pulled away very well :)