Electric Bill

dalmatian

Got a bit of a shock, went to pay my Electric Bill in Pattaya and got charged extra 107 baht for late payment. Now this is the first time I have been charged for late payment in 5 years.

Normally pay my bill within the time given on the bill but due the need to visit my daughter in Philippines between 24 September and 4 October I only got around to pay my bill this week. The bill was put in my post box on 25th September and showed a date of 25Sep to 04 Oct to pay. I thought this was the date to pay in any establishment except the electric board offices on Pattaya Klang. I have paid late before due to travels etc and never been hit with late payment fee. Not happy as basically they allow you 10 days to pay or be hit with 100 baht late payment fee (plus VAT). I asked why and the lady just said "Farang Late".

I even once went to the Electric corporation offices on the day the bill was issued to be told come back tomorrow, can not pay on date of issue of bill. This is all bloody annoying.

If you are not aware of this fee then please make sure you pay your bills on time, just another way of the big companies making money in times of hardship. I will try to make sure I pay my bills on time in future but as we all know that is not always possible. I am a single retiree and don't always have someone to pay my bills if I am away.

We used to pay via the local 7-11 and pay the 5/10 Baht 'fee'. I think you have 10 days to pay.

Our business supply was once cut off due to non payment - local admin screwed up the handling of the bill and I had to visit the company office near the fire station in Banglamung. I seem to recall the cost was 207 Baht (might have been 107 Baht?) and it was turned on the next day.

If you know roughly the amount while you are out of the country, why not pay in advance or set up an online payment option.

I quite often pay my MEA bill a bit late ( normally 5 days after the payment date ) - and have never paid a late payment fee. In fact the last time I paid late was last week !

If they disconnect your supply and you want it reconnected thats a different matter - then I would think there is a fee but do not know for sure.

PEA and MEA can set up your payments as an automatic payment every month direct from a bank account. You never will be late again or even have to remember to pay as it is all taken care of auto magically!

Phone and water bills can be the same

Haven't been switched off thank god but the late fee charge was applied automatically when I presented my meter read bill. The bill for the late charge was printed out together with the receipt when the electric bill was run through their machine. 5 days overdue, never happened before. I will see how I can pay in advance if I know I will be away when the bill is due.

It does appear to be a new charge as I have paid late before and never charged a baht more than the total bill. Maybe something to do with the fact I have my meter read and a print out is issued at the house.

Cheers for info.

You should be glad that they didnt take your Meter away.

I had a guy tried to take my Water Meter a couple of Years ago, the bill must have blown away as i never got one. I had to tip the guy 200bt so he would go away, then i rushed to pay and all was ok.

I always pay all of my Bills at 7.11, its very convenient that way.