Challenge #9 Is Characters

Kan Win

Now I'm in the hot seat. :D

I'm going to go with 'Character'....as in a personality or building etc. I hope the challenge to bring an image alive and express what you can see satisfies the masses as a challenge.

Good luck all.

char·ac·ter [kárrəktər]

(plural char·ac·ters)

noun

1. distinctive qualities: the set of qualities that make somebody or something distinctive, especially somebody's qualities of mind and feeling

It's just not in my character to behave that way.

2. positive qualities: qualities that make somebody or something interesting or attractive

an old house full of character

3. reputation: somebody's public reputation

an attack on his good character that ended in court

4. somebody in book or movie: one of the people portrayed in a book, play, or movie

None of the central characters is particularly likable.

5. unusual person: somebody with an unusual or eccentric personality

6. individual: somebody considered in terms of personality, behavior, or appearance

a flamboyant character

7. letter or symbol: any written or printed letter, number, or other symbol

8. comput unit of computer data: a single letter, number, or symbol that can be displayed on a computer screen or printer and represents one byte of data

[14th century. Via French caractère < Greek kharaktēr "tool for marking" < kharassein "engrave" < kharax "pointed stake"]

Microsoft® Encarta® 2006. © 1993-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Or is this what you mean 'Chinavet' ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_(arts)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Edit to at the s at then end of"Character" :)

Edited by Kan Win

Now I'm in the hot seat. :)

I'm going to go with 'Character'....as in a personality or building etc. I hope the challenge to bring an image alive and express what you can see satisfies the masses as a challenge.

Good luck all.

char·ac·ter [kárrəktər]

(plural char·ac·ters)

noun

1. distinctive qualities: the set of qualities that make somebody or something distinctive, especially somebody's qualities of mind and feeling

It's just not in my character to behave that way.

2. positive qualities: qualities that make somebody or something interesting or attractive

an old house full of character

3. reputation: somebody's public reputation

an attack on his good character that ended in court

4. somebody in book or movie: one of the people portrayed in a book, play, or movie

None of the central characters is particularly likable.

5. unusual person: somebody with an unusual or eccentric personality

6. individual: somebody considered in terms of personality, behavior, or appearance

a flamboyant character

7. letter or symbol: any written or printed letter, number, or other symbol

8. comput unit of computer data: a single letter, number, or symbol that can be displayed on a computer screen or printer and represents one byte of data

[14th century. Via French caractère < Greek kharaktēr "tool for marking" < kharassein "engrave" < kharax "pointed stake"]

Microsoft® Encarta® 2006. © 1993-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Or is this what you mean 'Chinavet' ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_(arts)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

I think and hope "1. distinctive qualities: the set of qualities that make somebody or something distinctive" nails it for a photography challenge?

Here's a couple of fine "characters" (in my opinion at least).

They certainly fit the criteria of "1. distinctive qualities: the set of qualities that make somebody or something distinctive" :D

And I think my friend William and the girl look good as well! :):D

No EXIF data because it's a film shot. - Contax G2 - Kodak Ektar 100G slide - shot 19/09/2009

Edited by The Vulcan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...