Thanksgiving Weekend

earlofwindermere

For those of us who know that the real date for Thanksgiving is this weekend (Canada), I'm wondering if anyone has seen any ads for a turkey dinner anywhere. I know that the Holiday Inn has turkey with its Sunda buffets but would like to know if there is anywhere else having a special dinner this weekend?

Thanks,

For those of us who know that the real date for Thanksgiving is this weekend (Canada), I'm wondering if anyone has seen any ads for a turkey dinner anywhere. I know that the Holiday Inn has turkey with its Sunda buffets but would like to know if there is anywhere else having a special dinner this weekend?

Thanks,

Monday night at The Duke's.

Thanks,

EoW ., What is the actual date of the Canadian Thanksgiving.....??? I thought it was around the end of October .

OK I got a copy of the menu,

Canadian Thanksgiving 2008

The Duke' s Chiang Mai

Would Like To Invite Everyone

For A Traditional

Canadian Thanksgiving Day Meal

Monday, October 12th

Roast Turkey, Oven Roasted Ham or Salmon with Lemon Butter,

Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Stuffing ,

Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potatoes,

Cranberries,

Pumpkin and Apple Pie,

Coffee or Tea

Reserve Your Space

395 Baht- 12 And Under 195 Baht

Call 053.249.231 For Reservations or Visit at 49/4-5 Chiang Mai-Lamphun Rd.

Edited by getgoin

• 1 month later...

Taking license to add to this thread as a morning-after-wrap-up for the US Thanksgiving Day dinner, I wish I had gone to the Dukes. However, the family prefers buffets, so instead of my first choice, we went to the Holiday Inn.

Frankly I was very disappointed for what was received for the price. First, no prime rib, no stuffing, and the mashed potatoes had some pumpkin mash substance blended in. Second, drinks (water, coffee) were extra + tax + tip. After fronting 1,145 baht (the discounted price) per couple, I paid an additional approximately 100 baht for drinks (only had coffee and water). This to me is over the top. Never again.

Edited by venturalaw

David Duke outdid himself again. I had the Australian prime rib and it was tender and tasty and my portion was HUGE - some of the best beef I've ever had in Asia and way too much to eat. I had to give away big chunks to friends and still had plenty for the dog and cats.

All of the other traditional holiday dishes at the Dukes were excellent and coffee and tea were free.

I am looking forward to more prime rib at Christmas, plus lots and lots of other stuff!

David Duke outdid himself again. I had the Australian prime rib and it was tender and tasty and my portion was HUGE - some of the best beef I've ever had in Asia and way too much to eat. I had to give away big chunks to friends and still had plenty for the dog and cats.

All of the other traditional holiday dishes at the Dukes were excellent and coffee and tea were free.

I am looking forward to more prime rib at Christmas, plus lots and lots of other stuff!

Count me in for Christmas at the Dukes. NEVER AGAIN at the Holiday Inn!