Exercise Equipment

Tywais

After taking a stress test it was clear I need to get into better shape and am looking for cardio exercise machines. Doing some research it appears an elliptical trainer would be best but have not ruled out treadmills either. Looked around on the Internet and could only find this shop, gymtechchiangmai but their list shows out of stock on nearly all items except one which is out of my price range. :)

Any suggestions as to places that may carry similar equipment. The gymtechchiangmai shows a map and that it is near Suan Dork gate but still not clear where the entrance is.

Also, suggestions/experience using this type equipment or others for this type of workout. This one looks just right in features and price. Looks like they used Google translate to describe it though. :D

I looked in Kad Suan Kaew and also Robinson's but found a place on the inside of the klong opposite and south (around 250 - 300 metres) of CM Ram.

It's got a yellow frontage and run by (or managed by) a guy and his wife. Lots of knowledge and very good back up if necessary "which is something you can forget about at Robinson's" :)

I got mine at a shop on the suan dok moat road. the store is past the suan dok gate (heading south) and just a little before ratchamanka road. after lots of research the machine i got is a spirit. it got consistently high revies that said for the money it's a great machine. that said, it did cost about 30 or 35 k baht. so if that's out of your price range, i think a gym is a good idea. the cheaper elliptical machines feel flimsy to me. but maybe i was just spoiled by years of using high quality machines at gyms.