• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Can We Have A Definitive Accomodation Thread

Ruperts

I think it would be very useful if we had a thread dedicated to condos, houses, areas etc. with information about prices, quality of location, services offered and other useful stuff.

I've tried searching this forum but there just seems to be a bunch of small threads with different titles and not much info contained inside.

For the record i'm looking for a cheap single room condo with a balcony and a nice(ish) view, hopefully with internet included and fairly close to the old city, for <4000 baht p/m.

Yes, the search function of this forum is awful. I find the best way to search it is to use Google and input keywords like "Thai Visa", "Chiang Mai" and then whatever you're looking for like "dry cleaners" or "rental" "condo" "whatever". Most of the results will be from this forum.

About the OP's specific request for a "definitive" housing thread, I don't think that's going to happen. There are too many variables -- price, location, length of stay, internet connection, exercise facilities, etc, etc, etc. We followed this forum carefully for about six months before moving to CM and had a pretty good idea of the options by reading all the postings about accomodations. Not very efficient, but it gave us a good idea of the options.

I find the best way to search it is to use Google and input keywords like "Thai Visa", "Chiang Mai" and then whatever you're looking for like "dry cleaners" or "rental" "condo" "whatever". Most of the results will be from this forum.

Better still, just use the Google search pain below the TV logo, which will ensure all results are kept within this site :)

If you are to read other sections of this forum, you will be as stupid as me...lol

What is the difference between condo and apartment besides the spelling? This has been asked and answered:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Difference-A...04#entry3068104

With a budget of Bt4k a month, you get better luck searching for an apartment instead of a condo. Try this link:

http://www.mrroomfinder.com/National_NOR.php