Malware..alureon Family

David006

Just a note to say that the Alureon virus family gave me the blue screen of death ..stopped windows Vista opening (go back to last good restore point using F8 repeatedly worked).

This seems to be a real bugger and had to scan three times and remove three times before it took. My laptop is still a bit poorly though. If anyboy is having PC probs ..programs not opening..redirects etc ..do a scan...you may have de bug.

A good site for debug info and general computer issues is www.geekstogo .com

Oh yes wife tells me that the news yesterday said there has been a nationwide infection of something attacking school computers..

david

Just a note to say that the Alureon virus family gave me the blue screen of death ..stopped windows Vista opening (go back to last good restore point using F8 repeatedly worked).

This seems to be a real bugger and had to scan three times and remove three times before it took. My laptop is still a bit poorly though. If anyboy is having PC probs ..programs not opening..redirects etc ..do a scan...you may have de bug.

A good site for debug info and general computer issues is www.geekstogo .com

Oh yes wife tells me that the news yesterday said there has been a nationwide infection of something attacking school computers..

david

Pity, seems a nasty item. Be sure to install the new security item: Microsoft Security Essential (MSE), go directly to microsoft.com.