Great Talent In One So Young

a99az

I am a bit of a youtube freak so much to see there. I just found this kid some may already have seen him play, how is it possible for someone so young to have so much self taught talent. I am talking about Sungha Jung you take a look at this and see if you agree. I love his Mission Impossible Theme and Canon in D wow :D this kid rocks now what will he be like in a couple more years. I think he will top some of the greatest. :)

little korean dude. He's parents probably whipped him to get to this level. Ah well I've seen better.

What a nice shade of green.

Agreed.

The kid is amazing at such a young age. Musically talented children can be motivated by parents, but they can't teach the desire to play. And, they can't instill talent where there isn't any. Just how well he develops depends on many things. Parents can only encourage. Ufortunately, some parents screw it up by forcing their children to a point where the child rebels and gives it up. A few tennis and golf proteges come to mind.

little korean dude. He's parents probably whipped him to get to this level. Ah well I've seen better.

What a nice shade of green.

Agreed.

The kid is amazing at such a young age. Musically talented children can be motivated by parents, but they can't teach the desire to play. And, they can't instill talent where there isn't any. Just how well he develops depends on many things. Parents can only encourage. Ufortunately, some parents screw it up by forcing their children to a point where the child rebels and gives it up. A few tennis and golf proteges come to mind.

Looking at him, I some how feel he will come through to be one of the greats, I wish him well.

From what I read on his website nobody forced him to play. Here's a bit of an interview he gave:

[Q] What made you play guitar? I think that many people want to know most.

[A] That’s what I’m asked frequently. (Smiling) Three years before, the third grade and the second semester, it was the beginning that I urged my dad to teach me to play guitar that he was playing frequently. At that time, his playing looks great without any reason. Due to the such an appearance, I seemed to decide to learn the guitar.

[Q] OK. Is your dad the professional musician?

[A] No. He is also amateur player as just a hobby.

[Q] In such a young age, playing guitar with bigger than you looked difficult, I think. What was the most difficult thing when you learned the guitar at the first time?

[A] Frankly, nothing was easy. I could not pose properly due to the big guitar and even pressing the strings was also painful and hard due to small hands.

[Q] 9-year-old is an age easy to give up, but why did you continue to learn the guitar even though it was so hard?

[A] Even if my hands were painful, the guitar sound was really wonderful to me. As my fingers went, there were the different sounds. It was so interesting and pleasant. As the number of tunes I could play increased after hard practice, I could feel a big achievement. After mastering one tune, there was another tune that I wanted to play again and again. It made me not release the guitar. I still have so many tunes that I want to play.

You can certainly hear that he has improved over those few years. The first two links where impressive for such a young boy, but the last vid he looks a little older and is making almost no mistakes.

The Mission Impossible theme had quite few mistakes. Not jealous, just an observation. I cannot play guitar.

A very talented boy.