Date The Thais Throw Water In Pattaya

soontheplayoffs

Yes, Dave is correct! it happens after the official dates of 13-15th and it seems that Naklua, Jomtien and Pattaya have it on different days 17,18,19 and then some, if drunks are around. Time to close up and head for the hills again. would rather enjoy this time with the family up north than with some of the silly b#&*^%ds around who seem to spoil this great celebration.

Pattaya celebrates Songkran later so that anyone who might have missed or want to celebtate it again :D can do so :D

The last day the 19th is called "wun lie" that day is total caos , Pattaya will be in gridlock. Songkran is good fun if you have nothing better to do,if you have any thing important to do on that day or the preceeding week just forget it !

Where are they going to get the water to throw in Pattaya

If all other reserves are used up there's always the sea :D

I agree with Lemel what could be a very nice celebration is normally spoilt by more than just a few idiots :o

Pattaya celebrates Songkran later so that anyone who might have missed or want to celebtate it again  :D  can do so  :D

The last day the 19th is called "wun lie"  that day is total caos , Pattaya will be in  gridlock. Songkran is good fun if you have nothing better to do,if you have any thing important to do on that day or the preceeding week just forget it !

Where are they going to get the water to throw in Pattaya

If all other reserves are used up there's always the sea :D

I agree with Lemel what could be a very nice celebration is normally spoilt by more than just a few idiots :o

Nothin' ever really changes does it ? :D

I'm having a hard time to picture this whole thing. Do people get pails of water and throw water at other people? Or do they just splash water at people?

Do they stand on the roadside and throw water at passing motorists?

Or do passengers in cars and on motorbikes throw water at pedestrians?

If you go out in Pattaya on this day (these days?), getting wet is inevitable? Or just probable? Do some people just wear swimsuits and just say 'what the ######'?

Is there any way to keep from getting wet (maybe avoid certain areas)?

I'm having a hard time to picture this whole thing.  Do people get pails of water and throw water at other people?  Or do they just splash water at people?

If you go out in Pattaya on this day (these days?), getting wet is inevitable?  Or just probable?  Do some people just wear swimsuits and just say 'what the ######'?

Inevitable and it'd be a full on soaking. Avoiding it could be done by staying indoors for a week :o

I'm having a hard time to picture this whole thing.  Do people get pails of water and throw water at other people?  Or do they just splash water at people?

If you go out in Pattaya on this day (these days?), getting wet is inevitable?  Or just probable?  Do some people just wear swimsuits and just say 'what the ######'?

You will also get a baby mild and water paste rubbed on your face, your car windscreen etc. Watch out for the ice blocks in the water too as they can really hurt. You will see utes (pickup truck) with 44 gallon drums and 20 people on the back throwing water and water tankers parked in strategic locations for refills crazy time to be avoided. If you are driving around PTY on the 19th I suggest you use the toilet before you leave home and fill up the gas tank as your not going anywhere in a hurry that day.

Over the last couple of years we`ve seen the introduction of large pumps being used and jets of water cascading across streets.

Beware if you are riding a motorcycle and you come close to a pickup carrying revellers and their playthings i.e. barrels of water and the pumps....the force of the water can quite easily cause you to have an accident.....best not to use the bike during the mad water season.. :o

Thank you for the replies, I shall stay in on the 19th and avoid Beach Road and all bar areas for the week before. Would it not be simple for the police to stop the bars giving water to these people who risk causing injury to others on the unofficial days?

I've seen policemen soaked to the skin, laughing and joining in. Also one or two who looked pissed-off enough to shoot someone.

I usually take a baht bus and my trusty pump-gun up to Soi Zero and walk down beach Road to Walking Street. Takes a couple of hours, involves numerous refills of water (sometimes buying it in 7/11s, sometimes using the barrels) and is great fun. But then of course I have me daughter with me and she is kitted up as I am - tee-shirt, shorts, thongs, documents and money double-wrapped in plastic bags.

Why not let everyone be happy for a day or two? Life is sometimes very hard and expectations of the vast horde of whingeing relatives back in Issaan - wanting money, money, money - doesn't help the young adults working in Party City who have to support the folks back home.

Songran tips :

1 drive motorbike whitout sunnys and helmet as much you can - Great wiew.

2 drink a lot of alcohol - its a time for partys and booze is culture here.

3 use your best and most expencive dress - Suit is perfect , Black u'r a hero.

4 carry all jewelry you have - Big Gold necklesses are the best.

5 bring cameras , video equipment in your hands - you wanna be ready to snap the best shoots soo have the focus ready at all time.

6 wear mobile phone in a strap around your neck soo it easy to use in case of emergency - shows care.

7 Carry money in shirt chest pocket - Symbol of love " Sabai Sabai"

8 Tell all the Thais Happy New Year in Thai " Ei Satt !! pai kai kai ..

9 if something goes wrong just say "may be lay kwai"

10 Have a nice and good Songran , put some effort in to it and go for it ..

Remember Sonkran in a spesial way and follow theese 10 easy steps , memory for life ..

:o

:D  :D  :D

If same as in Kan then 19th :D. Me think. I will ask my Miss-use, to be sure it is 19th. :o  mind boggles Som Tams  :D

19th Sure  in Pat..... :D  :D  :D

In  Kan ???? :D

In Kan 13th to 17th that's the big one.

Happy wet days

Edited by Kan Win

Answering your questions is easy... :o

I'm having a hard time to picture this whole thing. 

Do people get pails of water and throw water at other people?  Yes

Do they stand on the roadside and throw water at passing motorists?  Yes

do passengers in cars and on motorbikes throw water at pedestrians?  Yes

If you go out in Pattaya on this day (these days?), getting wet is inevitable? 

Yes

Do some people just wear swimsuits and just say 'what the ######'?  Yes

Is there any way to keep from getting wet (maybe avoid certain areas)? Yes, stay inside a hotel room