Yellow Book/ Tabien Baan Chiang Mai

sk1max

Where does one apply for the Yellow Tabien Baan in Chiang Mai, what documents are needed for a successful application, can anyone speak from recent experience? I've searched the archives and they are a bit sketchy. Thanks.

Where does one apply for the Yellow Tabien Baan in Chiang Mai, what documents are needed for a successful application, can anyone speak from recent experience? I've searched the archives and they are a bit sketchy. Thanks.

I know it's got a bunch of stuff about Certificates of Residence but my Yellow Book Saga might give you some hints (or tempt you to give up all together...).

Edited by Greenside

Ok will try to explain got my yellow book about a year ago.

you will need a Thai marriage certificate, The you have to go to immigration and ask for the paper stated that you live at the

same address, plus all usual copy's of passport of you, all papers from your wife blue house book and id.

Then you take all this and go to ampur where you live and its takes about a week before all is clear then you have your yellow house book.

Forgot Immigration 500 baht and I think it was 50 Baht at ampur. thats all

:)

Edited by SM7WGP

Well I just got mine last month. Not difficult at all. No need to be married at all ! That's for some place outside Chiang Mai taht don't want to make Yellow Book if you are not married, but not in the city. I'am single and owner of a condo not far from Night Bazzar. I just had to bring 2 Thai witnesses, one of them with some kind of official status. In my case, she was teacher. They even d'on't need to come together. And as I was not there in the city when the book was issued (10 days, because of preparing elections…) a thai friend came to pick it up.

1. As Bledu said you don't need to be married. 2. You can get it out of the city but it takes more time in my experience. I got mine in Mai Rim, first they said I needed to be married but I told them I didn't, then they had no idea of the process, eventually they received instructions from Chiang Mai and I got my yellow book. I needed my passport, a letter of address from immigration (beware these have a time limit), my work permit and they wanted the names of 2 people that could confirm I lived there ( I don't know if they contacted them). Finally some weeks later I had an interview, and some weeks after that my yellow book arrived. I guess it was the usual case in Asia, sometimes there are walls to progress but you can go around, under or over, but not through the walls. It took a long time but only about 2 hours of my time and many phone calls.Without a Thai speaker it would have failed.