• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Airport Central Flower Show To 18 Oct 09

dave2

for info..

if anyones into flower displays theres a good show over the whole of the basement until sunday

enjoy .... dave2

Nice shots and I was there today too .In most Thai Shopping Malls its illegal to take photographs inside ,lucky you wern't wrestled to the ground and given a good talking too !

for info..

if anyones into flower displays theres a good show over the whole of the basement until sunday

enjoy .... dave2

Nice shots and I was there today too .In most Thai Shopping Malls its illegal to take photographs inside ,lucky you wern't wrestled to the ground and given a good talking too !

Nice shots but in Saudi Arabia he would have been chopped.

sparkles.

ive been told off for taking pics in khud sung khow (central ) 6 months ago but ive NEVER in five years had a problem with taking pics in airport central.

getlost ...

ive nearly been arrested in sofia bulgaria and bucharest in romania for taking pics coz they / the police / the government thought i shouldnt be taking pics of their buildings !

i pleaded TOURIST .... i didnt know .... and seven years later im still doing the same in my home ....chiang mai thailand !

be an adventurist ..... you can only get arrested : ) ..... who cares ?

maybe .... you both worry too much : )

enjoy .

dave2

sparkles ...... get lost

where are your your replies im interested in your informed ??? opinions

dave2 :)

Lighten up Dave. It was mostly in jest. I was reprimanded in the MALL BANGKAPI, Bangkok by security, many years ago for taking a photo of their rather spectacular waterfall.Later I noticed signs to the effect that taking photos inside the MALL was not allowed,no big deal. You are a sensitive soul arn't you ?

That's the first time I've ever heard that.... I never knew it was unlawful (really?) to take photographs inside a mall such as Kaad Suan Kaew. Does anyone happen to know why this is the case? I've never noticed any signs up around the place stating that there must be no photography.... I'd be very grateful if someone could shed a little more light on this one...

Thanks.

That's the first time I've ever heard that.... I never knew it was unlawful (really?) to take photographs inside a mall such as Kaad Suan Kaew. Does anyone happen to know why this is the case? I've never noticed any signs up around the place stating that there must be no photography.... I'd be very grateful if someone could shed a little more light on this one...

Thanks.

Actually, I think they are encouraging people to take pictures of this event - I was asked by the promotions department to post publicity about it on the Chiang Mai Photographic Group website. People take pictures at events there all the time but you would probably be asked to stop if you were photographing someone's goods or inside a retail shop.

Considering they have put chairs amongst the flowers so you can sit and have your picture take I doubt that there is any problem in Airport Plaza.

I made a couple of phone calls today and seemingly it is against the law to take photos in these places, although nobody minds too much if there's a special display or festival event such as this, where the event, rather than the interior of the shopping centre, is the focal point of the photography.

Although I haven't been offered a definitive rationale for the legal stance, suggestions are that shopkeepers don't want their marketing or displays to be copied by others. Seems rather lame, given that you can take pictures of shop-fronts in the high street. I've a notion that there may be other reasons that made sense once upon a time but nobody quite remembers any more. Oh well... If anyone can help unravel this - please do!

Edited by Bearnagh

Considering they have put chairs amongst the flowers so you can sit and have your picture take I doubt that there is any problem in Airport Plaza.

I made a couple of phone calls today and seemingly it is against the law to take photos in these places, although nobody minds too much if there's a special display or festival event such as this, where the event, rather than the interior of the shopping centre, is the focal point of the photography.

Although I haven't been offered a definitive rationale for the legal stance, suggestions are that shopkeepers don't want their marketing or displays to be copied by others. Seems rather lame, given that you can take pictures of shop-fronts in the high street. I've a notion that there may be other reasons that made sense once upon a time but nobody quite remembers any more. Oh well... If anyone can help unravel this - please do!

Seems a whole lot more likely that they don't want the real brand owners collecting evidence of what they've knocked off. :)

it is the same in the UK no photos allowed inside shopping malls for security reasons .Thats what the police say anyway.

Well I went to Airport Plaza today and the place was ablaze with flashes going off everywhere. Actually it seemed to me that everyone had a camera. The flora displays are fabulous and well worth seeing before it closes on Sunday. In pursuit of clarification on the broader issue, I walked around every floor of the mall and looked in every nook and corner and I could not see one sign prohibiting photography. So I don't really see how the authorities expect the average tourist to know what the rules are!

Here's one I took a while back before I realised I was an outlaw...

post-91856-1255785019_thumb.jpg

Well I went to Airport Plaza today and the place was ablaze with flashes going off everywhere. Actually it seemed to me that everyone had a camera. The flora displays are fabulous and well worth seeing before it closes on Sunday. In pursuit of clarification on the broader issue, I walked around every floor of the mall and looked in every nook and corner and I could not see one sign prohibiting photography. So I don't really see how the authorities expect the average tourist to know what the rules are!

Here's one I took a while back before I realised I was an outlaw...

post-91856-1255785019_thumb.jpg

Nice picture :)