Insomnia Club On Walking Street, Raided By Police, Again.

Rimmer

Pattaya, October 17 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : For the 3rd time in just over a month, Police have once again raided the Insomnia Club located on Walking Street and once again found them to be breaking the law. Police Lieutenant Colonel Sutum, the Deputy Chief of Pattaya Police led the raid which took place at 5am. There were over a thousand patrons inside the venue at the time of the raid who were randomly drug tested and 12 patrons were found to have recently ingested methamphetamine. No actual drugs or any other illegal items could be found in the club; however the manager of the venue was arrested and charged with operating the venue well over its permitted licensed opening hours. He, along with the 12 patrons were taken to Pattaya Police Station and a further report on the club will be sent to the Banglamung District Licensing Unit. Despite the results of the raid, the club is expected to be open for business as usual over the weekend and it is unlikely any further action will be taken against the venue.

Source:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/octobe..._17_10_52.shtml

there are amusing little vignettes at the moment on the highways and bi-ways: drivers and their passengers at police road blocks, body language running the gamut of bemusement to resignation, pissing into little cups for random testing for drugs.

Pattaya, October 17 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : For the 3rd time in just over a month, Police have once again raided the Insomnia Club located on Walking Street and once again found them to be breaking the law. Police Lieutenant Colonel Sutum, the Deputy Chief of Pattaya Police led the raid which took place at 5am. There were over a thousand patrons inside the venue at the time of the raid who were randomly drug tested and 12 patrons were found to have recently ingested methamphetamine. No actual drugs or any other illegal items could be found in the club; however the manager of the venue was arrested and charged with operating the venue well over its permitted licensed opening hours. He, along with the 12 patrons were taken to Pattaya Police Station and a further report on the club will be sent to the Banglamung District Licensing Unit. Despite the results of the raid, the club is expected to be open for business as usual over the weekend and it is unlikely any further action will be taken against the venue.

Source:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/octobe..._17_10_52.shtml

So am I reading this story correct when it says that there were over 1000 patrons, not only in the club, but drug tested? That is insane to me. How long does it take to do a real, honest, and effective drug screening for 1,000 people. WOW! I really don't think that is accurate, is it? And 1,000 people in the club is insane to me. I don't go there when in Pattaya, just stay at my Best Friends beer bar and sit and chat it up, but I cannot imagine 1,000 people in one club especially when, I hear, there aren't too many tourists right now. If someone has more info on this could you please pass it along this way? Thanks.

just stay at my Best Friends beer bar

Imagine queuing-up with 1000 people to give a sample ! Mind you, the bouncer videos have already put me off the place.

I arrive in Pattaya in 9 days for 2.5 week holiday; where is Best Friends beer bar ?

Londo

just stay at my Best Friends beer bar

Imagine queuing-up with 1000 people to give a sample ! Mind you, the bouncer videos have already put me off the place.

I arrive in Pattaya in 9 days for 2.5 week holiday; where is Best Friends beer bar ?

Londo

Yeah, I tried to PM you. Not sure if it went through or not. Best Friend is very near the Royal Garden Mall on Beach Road. As you go past the Royal Garden Mall, ring the buzzer and they should drop you off on the street the complex is located on. Head down the street/ally (not towards walking street) and visit the last one on the left #19. Cold beer, pool table, and good people. Btw, if you are not a nice person, this is not the place to go. Mainly laid back "bar" people who like to chat it up and get along. Plus, there is Muay Thai fighting every night, if you're into that. Have a good time! :D:):D:D:D

Insomnia is raided often, and yet the stupid Farangs still stay there after hours, then they complain about harassment even though they know they are breaking the law.

Any farangs caught breaking laws should be deported after paying their fines.

I for one am sick and tired of deadbeat Farangs washing up on the shores of the kingdom, thinking that Thailand owes them something, just because they are Farangs.

These <deleted> are not welcome in their own countries, so why should they be welcome in Thailand ?

Identify, Target, Arrest, drug test, means test, passport check, establish how a living is made legally, torture, beat, maim, then deport them.

Better still, take away the opportunity to exploit poor Thai women, and Farangs will all but vanish.

I'll go with deporting 99% for a start.

Insomnia is raided often, and yet the stupid Farangs still stay there after hours, then they complain about harassment even though they know they are breaking the law.

I for one am sick and tired of deadbeat Farangs washing up on the shores of the kingdom, thinking that Thailand owes them something, just because they are Farangs.

These <deleted> are not welcome in their own countries, so why should they be welcome in Thailand ?

Identify, Target, Arrest, drug test, means test, passport check, establish how a living is made legally, torture, beat, maim, then deport them.

Better still, take away the opportunity to exploit poor Thai women, and Farangs will all but vanish.

feeling better now?

Well Maigo, I couldn't have said it better myself. I, too, hate seeing falangs come and think that they can do whatever they want to. They think that they have just stepped in a world where the laws don't apply to them and get an attitude when things don't go exactly the way they want it to. Personally, I try to avoid Pattaya as much as possible. Not saying that there isn't anything good there, I am just repulsed by the exploitation and the "dirt" of the city. I have friends there that I go to see every now and then, but don't really enjoy myself while there. I guess it is "in my face" too much. I worked with guys that would go to Thailand for 2 weeks, come back, and all they did was have sex with X number of girls. No Sri Racha, no Nong Nuch, not even a trip to the island. Just sex with as many girls as they possibly could. It makes me sad for these people in a way, because all they are doing is spreading HIV and/or anything else that they picked up. That was the way it was when I got there and I have a feeling that it will continue to be for as long as the Thais allow it.

I went there once until 4-5am and didnt know this was illegal, lucky sexpats such as yourself have no say in who stays and who goes.

And i always tought it was only the BKK sexpat that thought they were a cut above us deadbeat, freeloading tourists.

PS i bet if youve a misses she is from a considerably poorer background then your enlightened cut above the rest of civilisation self, but that isnt taking advantage of your relatively wealthier status.

Edited by whichschool

No no no. You're getting soft in your old age. Let's just go straight to torture,beat,maim, then deport them. :)

Why the chip on your shoulder? The majority of people you describe will only hang around in sleeazy s*it holes, do you choose to live in the planets biggest sh1t hole? :)

Provided only adults are involved, whats the problem with it? Yeah people get burnt on both sides, but there all old enough to make their own minds up... Som nam naa to all involved