Best Burgers In Pattaya

aussiechick

Man oh man the garbage I read on these forums. So I went and tried this place and not impressed at all. Meat was dry and tasted like it was filled with sawdust. I would say it's probably the worst burger I've ever had in Thailand. Granted, I rarely eat burgers in Thailand. Still, not worth the price imho. Whoever started this thread shilling for this place owes me 89baht. And here are a couple pictures of the place taken from my crappy cell phone camera. Everyone who said it's within the range of ok to great doesn't know what they are talking about or they are just shilling for the place. Save yourself the time and money. Trust me.

Interesting that you did not post a pic of the burgers. You did post a pic showing two customers who, I suppose, are "shilling for the place." I have no idea what "shilling" means, but my guess is that it is some sort of insult. I am also guessing that you are a vegetarian who is on some crusade against burger lovers :) IMHO, Just Burgers is OK and better than McDonald's.

LOL....a vegetarian.....now THAT's funny. cool.gif

There are all kinds of clueless tourists mulling about Jomtien. Not surprising a few of them wandered in. Don't bother with this place. Those Denmark burger stands all over the place are better as are just about all the other burger stands around Pattaya. Don't waste your time going out to Jomtien. I suppose some people think this is what passes for an ok burger in Thailand. I know you can do better than this place that's for sure.

Edited by ES1

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok you are not a vegetarian, sorry, just a test. Yes, there are clueless tourists roaming about all over Jomtien, and Pattaya, and, and, and. I am clueless about Einstein's theory of relativity :) If you a standing next to Burger King in Pattaya, yes, no need to go all the way to Jomtien to Just Burgers :) What most posters are saying, I think, is that if you are already in Jomtien and need an inexpensive burger fix, the place is OK. And it is on the beach. Of course you can find better hamburgers and you will pay two to three times the price! One thing I have found to be true at virtually all the places that are serving burgers is that the meat is too dry (not enough fat content). For the record, I have never had a burger in Thailand that is like what we make back home in the USA. The main reason is the dryness of the meat. I am not an expert on this, but I think there is a proper ratio of meat to fat that makes a great burger and that most of the meat that is being used in Thailand for burgers does not have enough fat content.

This thread should be renamed...."Best burger in Pattaya and that is why the place went out of business".....Which is my whole point. You cannot get the quality without the price going up and nobody stays in business doing that unless you are a mega chain like Burger King....who's food (and I use that term very loosely) barely passes the legal definition of food btw.

Edited by ES1

Do you have any documentation to support your allegation that Burger King's food

"barely passes the legal definition of food btw."

or was it just trolling -> ?

I think Burger King makes good burgers, better than anything else i tried in Asia, (except my gf's)

only thing i want to add is mustard, so do they have it in case i ask for it ?

This thread should be renamed...."Best burger in Pattaya and that is why the place went out of business".....Which is my whole point. You cannot get the quality without the price going up and nobody stays in business doing that unless you are a mega chain like Burger King....who's food (and I use that term very loosely) barely passes the legal definition of food btw.

Nobody doubts that the price will go up. What they may - and should - doubt is whether the Cheap Charlies of Pattaya are willing to pay for it. In Phuket , Chiang Mai, Pnom Penn and Singapore the expat community is more sophisticated and willing to pay, within reason, a bit more for a better burger. Sadly the perception is that most Russians and beer drinkers who are here don't care a fig about food(and even in Bangkok I am amazed at how poor western food often is).

Personally, I am willing to pay more for burger quality if I am actively SOLD on it. Charge more fine, but make it clear the beef and cheese ingredients are specially imported or at least sourced from the better Thai options, the bun sourced from the finest, then show a picture of how wonderful it is and say it WILL look like the picture, not that it won't, etc., etc. As it is now, I basically don't eat burgers here mostly because of the awful beef.

There is a new burger menu in town at the Bourbon Street restaurant on Jomtien 2nd Road/Soi 5. The prices are not cheap and they have fancy options. However, there is no mention that they are offering decent beef, so I am not tempted.

Edited by Jingthing

Nobody doubts that the price will go up. What they may - and should - doubt is whether the Cheap Charlies of Pattaya are willing to pay for it. In Phuket , Chiang Mai, Pnom Penn and Singapore the expat community is more sophisticated and willing to pay, within reason, a bit more for a better burger. Sadly the perception is that most Russians and beer drinkers who are here don't care a fig about food(and even in Bangkok I am amazed at how poor western food often is).

Hello, all the burger joints pointed out in this post that have gone out of business. I don't know how much more evidence you need. But at this point if you can't read between the lines you are not interested in the truth. Still convinced you can get your Grade A American beef top of the line burger in Thailand for 50baht or whatever. Like trying to argue with a dish cloth cool.gif

Edited by ES1

The Burger at the Marriott Hotel is by far the best I've had in Thailand.

They have an awesome little bar/restaurant.

Sit on the deck and have a view of the beautiful gardens and pool.

Nice.

That would be the Garden Cafe I presume...first I have heard that they have a good burger. I know the setting is nice and have tried the lunch buffet which was decent. Will have to give it a try...if the price is not too high.

Hello, all the burger joints pointed out in this post that have gone out of business. I don't know how much more evidence you need. But at this point if you can't read between the lines you are not interested in the truth. Still convinced you can get your Grade A American beef top of the line burger in Thailand for 50baht or whatever. Like trying to argue with a dish cloth cool.gif

Sounds like you failed reading comprehension in school. Who said anything about 50 Baht.? Just saying reasonable quality for a fair price. My point was simply that the standards of Pattaya are low, even compared to other parts of Thailand..

Sounds like you failed reading comprehension in school. Who said anything about 50 Baht.? Just saying reasonable quality for a fair price. My point was simply that the standards of Pattaya are low, even compared to other parts of Thailand..

Then move to Bkk. Speaking of reading comprehension.....read my post again. Between the lines. Something I pointed out many here seem to have trouble with and you just proved it.

...snip....

Then move to Bkk. Speaking of reading comprehension.....read my post again. Between the lines. Something I pointed out many here seem to have trouble with and you just proved it.

Nah, Bangkok is overrated and as I stated - between the lines - has a lot of junk food and culture just like Pattaya. You seem to not want to delve deeper into the issues but view any response as a direct challenge. Interesting.

Interesting how my review of Just Burgers was completely ignored...

Instead, a bunch folks just keep bitching and moaning about 'clueless' tourists in Patters/Jomtien and how HORRIBLE all the burgers are.

<deleted> guys.

I repeat, for 105 baht, it was quite good. I have seen and had worse for more money.

edit: On another note, I had a nice Massaman curry at a place called something or other Va. Near Soi 11.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

Just to get it out of the way, Mos burgers is alive and well in Terminal 21. Obviously, the challenge is to get good beef. I am amazed at the quality of beef in Laos, Phnom Penh, and Viet Nam; I think that Thailand can do better. Kudos for the man who has opened Just burgers because it is a simple concept that fills a need. Back to the beef: does one take "French beef" steak and grind it up? Since pork is top quality in Pattaya, perhaps, as another poster suggested, a mixture may be in order...something moist. Experimentation may be in order. The vast majority of Thai beef is not aged; killed and sent out the same day. I buy steaks from a butcher, and they are okay. The prices seem reasonableat Just Burger. Bon appetit

I'd be interested to know how many of you would pay 500 Baht for a proper burger...not just occasionally but say once or twice a month?

500 baht for a hamburger?

No need for a poll. I can tell you.

That would be the ... ONE percent.

No we'll have to have a poll I reckon....let the people decide....!

...snip....

Nah, Bangkok is overrated and as I stated - between the lines - has a lot of junk food and culture just like Pattaya. You seem to not want to delve deeper into the issues but view any response as a direct challenge. Interesting.

'Interesting'.....lol. Yea, clearly a "direct challenge'.....bahahah. Thanks for the laugh. Too funnylaugh.gif

Edited by ES1

I'd be interested to know how many of you would pay 500 Baht for a proper burger...not just occasionally but say once or twice a month?

If it is a decent burger and comes with proper chips I would have no issue in dropping 500b for a burger. I dont mind paying for good food.

If it is a decent burger and comes with proper chips I would have no issue in dropping 500b for a burger. I dont mind paying for good food.

And if it came with good fries, even better.

The Burger at the Marriott Hotel is by far the best I've had in Thailand.

They have an awesome little bar/restaurant.

Sit on the deck and have a view of the beautiful gardens and pool.

Nice.

Mariott Hotell......will have to give it a try...if the price is not too high.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Oy Vey. Yea, let's go for a nice inexpensive burger at the Mariott. I'm gonna go there and find out what this burger costs just for a laugh. Then after I post it I will watch as the shills try tell me you can get the same thing at Just Burger or wherever. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

You people are hilarous.

Just go to Oz burger corner of Buakao & Diana. Austrailian Beef, reasonable price. Done! But of course don't expect the same as the 500baht hard rock burger or Mariott which I suspect is similar quality/price.

Edited by ES1

...snip....

'Interesting'.....lol. Yea, clearly a "direct challenge'.....bahahah. Thanks for the laugh. Too funnylaugh.gif

No, thank YOU! :) :) You just proved my point.

Edited by BugJackBaron

I would second that. Especially if the beef came from Alberta, Texas or Argentina and was cooked according to your specifications.