What Is Standard Thai Kitchen Faucet Diameter And Screw Thread Specs?

glnz

We spend a lot of time in Bangkok and next time may bring with us a water purifier to screw onto the end of the kitchen faucet in our favorite executive residence in Bangkok. But what are the standard dimensions at the end of a standard Thai faucet -- diameter and screw thread dimensions?

(The water purifier is U.S. made.)

This is a bit of a tough question - should I post this question in any other forums?

Thanks.

Edited by glnz

If the faucet has an aerator it will probably be one of these sizes

Regular and Small (also referred to as Junior). Both sizes are available in male and female housings. The threads used in these housings are industry standards:

Regular male : 15/16”-27 UNS-2B

Regular female : 55/64”-27 UNS-2B

Small male : 13/16”-27 UNS-2B

Small female : 3/4”-27 UNS-2B

As such items are imported from all over the world here do not believe you can depend on any size - I am sure most countries do not measure in inches. Most things here are not set in stone. Believe most filter units sold here use universal attachment adapter rather than direct screw.

My question is why would you bring such a unit from the US? They are available everywhere here (although Bangkok water should be drinkable most do use a ceramic or UV filter). I suspect the US version is just for taste and really not needed most places as excess chlorine is not a problem.

Edited by lopburi3