Taxi From Bkk To Jomtien

Javabear

I understand it is about 1500 baht for a taxi down to Pattaya/Jomtien and usually that doesn't include toll cost. I have taken a taxi back for a (negotiated) 800 baht plus tolls. I did that once and now I just take the bus. I go from Ekamai bus station and not the airport but I believe it to be about the same at 124ish baht and it should be 90 minutes instead of 120 from Ekamai. Then it is a baht bus down to Jomtien for 30-50 (negotiated) baht depending where on beach road you want to go, or otherwise a local taxi for who knows how much.

From BKK for me (including the 12 baht boat to Ekamai) it costs less than 190 baht each way as compared to at least 2500 R/T (including tolls) by taxi.

This of course is just FYI as well for those that do not already know this.

(and although I have been lurking here (after being referred by a farong retiree friend I met on my 1st trip to LOS) and getting quite good information from this site, yes this is my first post:)

Edited by schnazzy

There is a new bus service to/from BKK - Jomtien. It leaves the airport starting at 7:00 AM and every 2 hours, trips from Jomtien to BKK start at 8:00 AM and then every 2 hours untl 8:00 at night. Jometien departure is the parking lot at Foodmart, across the street from Pan Pan restaurant. Fee is about 125 baht. Great service; used it this morning! Here's the web site:

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/

• 1 year later...
And ??

Just an FYI to those who may want to know how much it should cost.

Forget th taxi desk. Next time go up to departures, pick the newest looking taxi (clean and comfy) and tell them to use the meter. Some won't want to go but many will.

It will only cost around 1000-1100 on the meter. Throw in 60 baht for the two 30 baht tolls booths using the Motorway along the way to Pattaya.

Also, for everyones knowledge when you pay 800 for a taxi from Pattaya the driver is only getting 500 baht. The booking desk takes 300 baht. Knowing that gives some room to negotiate if you are lucky enough to find a BKK taxi who has just dropped off someone. (and you can avoid being seen by the pattaya taxi mafia).

Edited by Lakegeneve

Next time you want a taxi from the airport to Pattaya or Jomptien, pre-arrange one of the taxi services available at Pattaya.

One of the popular comapanies is Mr T Taxi Service. They charge 1,000 baht for the trip, including all tolls. Newish cars, good drivers, meet you at the airport outside gate 3 and take you to your hotel/home front door. A tip of 100 baht is acceptable for such a good service.

For those who might be interested. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 66-38-720-318

This question is academic, the cost in Thailand is whatever your willing to pay, and how bad you come across as needing it!

I do this trip regularly, I pay anywhere between 800 to 1000 Baht, (rarely 800 more 1000 + tolls) I put it down to; being confidant when telling the taxi guy where you want to go, (telling him in Thai) and not putting up with his shit if he start, remain polite but business like.............Oh and go to the departures area for your cab, this still works at the moment but the scamers have cottoned on to cab grabbing at departures.

Tip for you, if you don't know this; If when you get in the cab at swampy someone gets in with you, (excluding the driver) It is up to you but,I would advise you get out get your bags and get anther one. Your in a Mafia controlled cab, OK so you'll be OK...ish, But you can add at least an hour to your travel time.

Edited by Tonto21

And ??

Never paid anything like that in 10 years. The going rate from BKK/swampy has always been 800-1000 + tollway charges. As a previous poster mentioned you should point that out in Thai, not English. If someone's asking you 1500, they are literally taking you for a ride.

Edited by Deserted

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the advertised signs in Pattaya state 1000฿ BKK to Pattaya, 800฿ Pattaya to BKK. Plenty of private cars around and I bet you could negotiate a 100฿ discount although I have never bothered to try. Find a guy you like and stick with him. Mr T is good and here is his 'nephew' P.T. Taxi.

post-122089-0-96677400-1295431220_thumb.

Edited by RAM8

• 7 months later...

Next time you want a taxi from the airport to Pattaya or Jomptien, pre-arrange one of the taxi services available at Pattaya.

One of the popular comapanies is Mr T Taxi Service. They charge 1,000 baht for the trip, including all tolls. Newish cars, good drivers, meet you at the airport outside gate 3 and take you to your hotel/home front door. A tip of 100 baht is acceptable for such a good service.

For those who might be interested. Email: [email protected]. Phone: 66-38-720-318

YES this is a very good service he had to wait over 2 1/2 hrs for me because of plane breakdown UNITED i felt sorry for him but he just took my bags and off we went make shore you have the address of your hotel written in Thai and English it helps

Most of the advertised signs in Pattaya state 1000฿ BKK to Pattaya, 800฿ Pattaya to BKK. Plenty of private cars around and I bet you could negotiate a 100฿ discount although I have never bothered to try. Find a guy you like and stick with him. Mr T is good and here is his 'nephew' P.T. Taxi.

post-122089-0-96677400-1295431220_thumb.

I have used Mr. T many times from airport to Pattaya and return as well as from Pattaya to BKK and always on time and good service. They are quick to reply to emails and dependable. I arrived last week and flight was 90 minutes early. Driver called me as I was coming out of customs and to tell me he was there and I met him on the curb without his needing to park and wait so good for both of us. Price is 1,000 including tolls. Have always been good drivers and polite. While bus is a good option if little luggage I seem to have too much and taxi is best for me.

And ??

Forget th taxi desk. Next time go up to departures, pick the newest looking taxi (clean and comfy) and tell them to use the meter. Some won't want to go but many will.

It will only cost around 1000-1100 on the meter. Throw in 60 baht for the two 30 baht tolls booths using the Motorway along the way to Pattaya.

Also, for everyones knowledge when you pay 800 for a taxi from Pattaya the driver is only getting 500 baht. The booking desk takes 300 baht. Knowing that gives some room to negotiate if you are lucky enough to find a BKK taxi who has just dropped off someone. (and you can avoid being seen by the pattaya taxi mafia).

Seconded - did it for 1,000 Baht