Huge It Problem

olsen

I have a huge problem....but I am not sure whether it is my ISP (TT&T MaxNet) or if it is my web host or something else!

Here is my problem:

I have 6 domain names and websites hosted by the same US based web host.

Every single day the past 2 months I've had problems connecting and working on my websites.

Also I cannot send and receive emails.

Sometimes the connection to my websites are down several hours, sometimes only a few minutes. In a few occations it was down for 2 whole days!! :)

When they are down and I cannot reach them, I sometimes try to disconnect my internet and then re-connect again a few minutes later. Then things work again and I can connect to my sites. But only a few minutes and the connection is broken again.

But strange enough I can access all other sites on the net....only sites I cannot connect is my own!

I asked my web host, and was told they could access my sites from their part of the world, so I was told that it MUST be my ISP.

Then I called my ISP and they told me I might have a virus on my PC.

But that is bulls.... I have no virus, and also I have 4 PC and 2 laptops at my office and ALL of them have the same problem as my main PC.

NO ACCESS....NO EMAILS....

But of course TT&T says they will check it.....they've told me now for 2 months and it is still the same....and they never call back!

So do you guys think it is my ISP, my web host or maybe a virus or something else??

I will be grateful to have this problem solved!

Thanks in advance! :D

VPN didn't work out!

Still the same problems.

Today the TT&T service guy came around to check my PC....didn't find anything wrong.

Then he said it might be the cables outside on the street that is brooken......

He didn't reply me when I then asked, how I can access ALL other websiteas but my own!!??

Next stop CAT!

Problem is I have to wait for optic cables to be installed all the way from the highway....and it'll cost me 20,000 THB :)

When I first signed up for TT@T it was generally quite good.

I then had major problems accessing one of my banks back in the UK.

I could access using a proxy but hated the security issues.

When I went to the local office they came out with the usual excuses, UK site is down, your computer is having problems, your modem is having problems.

Then the manager walked in so I had a chat.

He asked for the name of the site, typed it in on his pc and couldn't access.

Web site down he said.

I gave him the name of a proxy and said try again.

Straightaway the site appeared.

He was straight on to main office and by the time I got home I could access my bank again.

He said something in the TT@T servers was blocking it somehow! Sorry but that is all I got from my wifes interpretation.

What I would suggest is give TT@T the name of the sites you are trying to access and take it from there.

They may be able to find where it's being held up their end.

apetley> Thanks for the reply.... I've just given TT&T the site names and he is checking...and will get back to me wihtin a few days..... at least he said so :)

I hope it works out!!

• 5 weeks later...

TT&T - Now renamed themselves as Triple T (maybe because they get too many angry customers who tell their friends never to use TT&T).

They called us the other morning and told us they had problems with their lines in our part of Khanom, and when we asked them when they would repair the lines, they just said they didn't know!

Then we told them that we wanted to cancel our Internet connection and wanted to sign up with a company that could actually deliver that we pay for.

The reply was that we then would have to pay a fine of 4,000 THB.

Great service!!

They can't deliver the service we pay for, and then they ask for a penaly fee to cancel our contract!

TT&T / Triple T...whatever they call themselves....NEVER AGAIN!! :)

TTT or TRIPLE T = TOTAL EXCREMENT. Lol ..change service to any other ISP and you'll be better off. I used TTT for 50 weeks ..50 weeks of total inconsistent garbage, no accesss, no connection, etc..

I'm now with TOT same money same alleged speeds ...sometimes its on the slow side, sometimes its fast, but it always always works for the last 5 months ... Now I'm happy and relaxed ..as one poster said already ...TTT 3T never again!!!! :)