Buying Condo..

Hello,

I have been told a foreigner can buy a condo without the services of lawyer . The property transfer will not be given at the Land Office, if there is a problem. Is this accurate ...? I have been quoted as high as $60,000 Baht for the services of a lawyer. Can anyone tell me of their experience

of buying a condo in Pattaya without a lawyer...?

Thanks RF

DON'T do it without a lawyer... no on any way. Use a real estate office or a lawyer. I used the service of the Ocean Consulting located in View Talay 2 and they made me everything in super service for 5.000 ( five thousand) BHT.

60.000 BHT is a wild rip off !!!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my condo from a Thai man who speaks very good English. He asked me if I wanted a lawyer. I asked him if we could do it without and he told me he would check and let me know. He got back with me and told me that I would need two bank checks, one to pay off his bank loan and another made out to him for the balance. My bank had to verify that the money came from a country other than Thailand. I needed my passport retirement visa, the bank checks and the letter saying the money was wired to my Thai bank. I had my house paper the same day and everything went very smoothly.