Lucky Finds

Maigo6

One time in Pattaya I was changing some money, as I was waiting for my money I glanced down and saw some folded paper money on the ground, I discreetly picked it up and it went into my pocket.

After my transaction was complete I walked away, and was pleasantly surprised that it was in fact 4 x 100 Dollar Bills I had found.

One Dollar at that time was only 25 Baht, but 10,000 Baht isn't a bad find.

My luckiest find,

This morning stopped at the 7/11 got out of car went in grabbed some chewing gum and went to pay, go for wallet in back pocket but not there.......HMMMMMMM

Thinking its in the car i went out to get it, only to find it sitting on the ground near the drivers door, must have fallen out when i climbed out of the car.....lucky lucky lucky.

My luckiest find,

This morning stopped at the 7/11 got out of car went in grabbed some chewing gum and went to pay, go for wallet in back pocket but not there.......HMMMMMMM

Thinking its in the car i went out to get it, only to find it sitting on the ground near the drivers door, must have fallen out when i climbed out of the car.....lucky lucky lucky.

Nice one !!

I've lost my wallet before on 2 or 3 occasions, I still recall the horrible sinking feeling upon realisation.

One time in Pattaya I was changing some money, as I was waiting for my money I glanced down and saw some folded paper money on the ground, I discreetly picked it up and it went into my pocket.

After my transaction was complete I walked away, and was pleasantly surprised that it was in fact 4 x 100 Dollar Bills I had found.

One Dollar at that time was only 25 Baht, but 10,000 Baht isn't a bad find.

I was going to go to Cuba but a friend fought like hel_l to convince me to go to Thailand. The rest is history.

60,000 yen in an unmarked wallet in a phone booth in Akihabara, boy did I have a good shopping spree!!

Years ago I was in Japan and I was walking up a train platform in Ichikawadai, the train was approaching the station, an elderly women got off a bench and started to walk further up the platform, she had left her purse on the bench, of course I could see it there, all fat and inviting, I picked it up with nobody else noticing and it was loaded with (Ichi-mans) 10,000 yen notes.

I called out to the woman who couldn't hear me, a younger Japanese woman did and notified the old woman who nearly had a heart attack upon me giving her purse back.

I was in the next carriage to her on the train, she could see me through the glass door, she must have told the passengers in her carriage what had happened as they were all bowing and smiling at me.

That made me feel so good, it was a better feeling than I could have ever got by keeping the money.

Of course, in an unmarked wallet with no obvious person around who has lost it, I'd take it as my own.

Edited by Maigo6

My luckiest find,

Your lucky maigo6 wasn't around LOL

not the best i've found but a nice find nontheless. walking with my dog an Akita, she pulled hard on the lead and I pulled back being a large dog she pulled harder, ok I looked to see what caught her interest; a roll of cash bit short of $600us, we were in Mesa Arizona, on a road trip from western Canada. Pleasant find :) after that I payed a lot more attention to where her nose was pointing when she pulled on her lead.

The Akita is a bear dog which she certainly was but cash works for me also.

Edited by 69690jay

My luckiest find,

LOL, if he had of opened it he would have seen my ugly mug, both on the licence and also walking out the 7/11.

:):D:D

Ten years ago I sat in taxi ( Thai Airways ) from Don Muang to Pattaya, having only a small bag attached and wearing a suit, pulled out the jacket due to temperature, arriving Soi 6 took my bag, rushed into friends bar took a couple of beers and ask if he did see my jacket, he answered nope, nice, in the jacket were 20.000,- german that time around 400.000,- Baht. Don't remind me about the credit cards.

I only thing I did remember, the taxi has had the no. 007, as an old James Bond things like this catches one' s eye, called to Thaiways someway they did manage catching the guy passing Chonburi, he returned everything completly, my best find or should I better say, my best recovery. :D

:):D:D

Ten years ago I sat in taxi ( Thai Airways ) from Don Muang to Pattaya, having only a small bag attached and wearing a suit, pulled out the jacket due to temperature, arriving Soi 6 took my bag, rushed into friends bar took a couple of beers and ask if he did see my jacket, he answered nope, nice, in the jacket were 20.000,- german that time around 400.000,- Baht. Don't remind me about the credit cards.

I only thing I did remember, the taxi has had the no. 007, as an old James Bond things like this catches one' s eye, called to Thaiways someway they did manage catching the guy passing Chonburi, he returned everything completly, my best find or should I better say, my best recovery. :D

Nice recovery, I hope you spent a sizable ammount of that cash in Soi 6 as a reward to yourself !!

I had a paper route as a kid, and the guy with the adjoining route found a paper bag with almost $120,000 in it.  He hid it in his room for a week, telling only another guy at school.  Finally, he told his parents, and they turned it in the the police.  The police felt it was drug money, and no one came by to claim it.  So a year or so later, the entire amount was given back to the finder.

I have never been so lucky.  I found an expensive set of designer sunglasses, and I lost them myself the next day. I found a wallet on the Spanish Steps once with 550 Euros in it.  There was a handwritten address in it, so I wrote to it when I got back to the US.  The address was for a friend of the owner. The owner was a 14-year-old girl who went to Rome on a shopping trip with birthday money and who was very happy and appreciative in getting her wallet back.

I don't believe karma is cause-and-effect, but sometimes weird coincidences happen. I was at a trade show in Las Vegas, and I trudged all the way to a hot dog booth to get lunch for two of us. I got back to my booth to realize that the cashier had charged me for only one hotdog (but for both sets of fries and drinks). These were over-priced at $4.50 and lousy, and the walk was long, but I went back and gave the cashier the extra $4.50.  She was very thankful as that would have been taken out of her wages.  That evening, after dinner, my friend went to the toilet while I sat at a slot machine waiting. After  a minute or so, I noticed that the little light was on indicating that there was some credit in the machine.  I casually pushed the pay-out button, and out came $4.75 in quarters. :)

I am still waiting for my lucky big find.  I think we all should get at least one in our lives.

I found a wallet on the Spanish Steps once with 550 Euros in it.  There was a handwritten address in it, so I wrote to it when I got back to the US.  The address was for a friend of the owner. The owner was a 14-year-old girl who went to Rome on a shopping trip with birthday money and who was very happy and appreciative in getting her wallet back.

Nice one Bonobo, I bet that made you feel better than the money could ever have done.

I bet she was gobsmacked also ! Good on you.

:)

I found a wallet on the Spanish Steps once with 550 Euros in it.  There was a handwritten address in it, so I wrote to it when I got back to the US.  The address was for a friend of the owner. The owner was a 14-year-old girl who went to Rome on a shopping trip with birthday money and who was very happy and appreciative in getting her wallet back.

Nice one Bonobo, I bet that made you feel better than the money could ever have done.

I bet she was gobsmacked also ! Good on you.

I have to admit, the letter she wrote back to me was worth more than the 550 Euro.  It fed directly into my Freudian super-ego, and that is a pretty good thing to have occur. So in retrospect, maybe that really was a very lucky find, for her and for me!

Back in previous life i took a taxi with my mate to town, hit some bars and clubs and found out some point that i had lost my phone. My friend tried to call it but no answer.

Late at night after closing time we did que up at taxi stand and took a taxi back home. At that point my friend tried to call my number again and we could hear phone ringing somewhere in the car and the driver duly took the phone out of his pocket and answer it and yes the phone was mine. One of his customers had found it on the back seat where i dropped it few hours earlier and what are the odds we got the same taxi from the stand when returning !

Back in previous life i took a taxi with my mate to town, hit some bars and clubs and found out some point that i had lost my phone. My friend tried to call it but no answer.

Late at night after closing time we did que up at taxi stand and took a taxi back home. At that point my friend tried to call my number again and we could hear phone ringing somewhere in the car and the driver duly took the phone out of his pocket and answer it and yes the phone was mine. One of his customers had found it on the back seat where i dropped it few hours earlier and what are the odds we got the same taxi from the stand when returning !

Awesome ! :)

My luckiest find,

LOL, if he had of opened it he would have seen my ugly mug, both on the licence and also walking out the 7/11.

More likley "discreetly picked it up and it went into my pocket"

I once found $12,000 in cash and negotiable bonds. Fortunately, there was also a bank slip in the envelope and I was able to return it to the elderly person who had lost it. It was a damp, rainy day and the envelope just looked out of place lying in the street. I picked it up and was truly shocked by what I found. I could have taken it home and kept it, but knew how bad I would have felt losing such an amount. And, it would be like stealing since I knew what bank it came from. Instead, I chose to go to the Royal bank on the deposit slip and return it. I made sure I got a receipt for it before I left so there would be no hanky-panky with the teller. I didn't even ask for a reward.

The wifes holding a gun against your head ?

Haven't you learned yet, Thai wives are not that crude..

they just tell you to post this or else you will wake up without your private parts. (or cut them off and tie them to a balloon it has occurred here in LOS)

Whilst in Pattaya once I took a drive to go visit a friend. When stopped at a red light I quickly noticed a large group of people on motorbikes forming around me and they were all looking in my direction and laughing and with the problems of gangs out there I actually felt quite unsafe. Anyway, the light turns green and I drive away without a thing happening.

When I arrived at my friends place I parked up and got out of my car to find my phone AND wallet on the roof of the car, so that's what they were laughing at at the red light. I had obviously left it there without realising and not only had neither been taken, but miraculously they didn't fall off either.

Whilst in Pattaya once I took a drive to go visit a friend. When stopped at a red light I quickly noticed a large group of people on motorbikes forming around me and they were all looking in my direction and laughing and with the problems of gangs out there I actually felt quite unsafe. Anyway, the light turns green and I drive away without a thing happening.

When I arrived at my friends place I parked up and got out of my car to find my phone AND wallet on the roof of the car, so that's what they were laughing at at the red light. I had obviously left it there without realising and not only had neither been taken, but miraculously they didn't fall off either.

Another awesome reply...

Good luck smiled on you that day.

Yet , typical Farang paranoia kept you from knowing that those Thai people were probably wanting to let you know that you had your stuff on the roof of the car.

They could easily have taken the phone and the wallet, but they didn't, try that in Liverpool. :)

Another awesome reply...

Good luck smiled on you that day.

Yet , typical Farang paranoia kept you from knowing that those Thai people were probably wanting to let you know that you had your stuff on the roof of the car.

They could easily have taken the phone and the wallet, but they didn't, try that in Liverpool. :)

I wouldn't be able to drive away at the green in Liverpool cos' they'd nick my bloody wheels as well.