Free Truevisions Dvr

Lordfoul

Today my wife received a call from TrueVisions offering her a 'free' upgrade to their DVR. Free Box, Free Installation, but the monthly rental is 299bt instead of the 15Xbt that we pay now. After 2 years the rental fee goes back down to normal.

Has anyone else been contacted about this?

Edited by Lordfoul

Yes, That is what I said to her while she was on the phone with them. They verified it was the PVR and it is free. I use a dreambox. So I probably will skip this. It is possible that we are at the beginning of a role out.

I just wanted to give people here a 'heads up' incase someone was thinking of buying one, they may want to hold off.

Why don't you give them a call. They have English speaking staff.

PVR is advertised as being 10,000 baht and you must pay a few hundred baht extra every month for the service.

The deal your wife speaks of seems too good to be true.

I just wanted to give people here a 'heads up' incase someone was thinking of buying one, they may want to hold off.

Appreciate the heads up as i have been waiting for them to offer some sort of a promotion to install PVR. I'm just a bit doubtful that what they were offering to your wife was indeed PVR. Wouldn't it rather annoy recent customers who have just paid 10 - 15,000 baht to install, plus a fixed extra monthly fee, to then be offering it for free and for a limited extra monthly fee to other customers? Even by True Visions low standards that would be bad!

It wouldn't be unusual practice, 'early adopters' always pay more.

In terms of installation and purchase of the equipment you are right. In terms of the monthly charge i think that's a different matter, and something they couldn't get away with.

It would be like if they offered new subscribers to the Gold package a monthly fee of 1,000 baht. Existing users would rightfully be up in arms.

It's that part of the deal (the monthly payments) that the OPs wife told him about that makes me think there is some confusion or misunderstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

The machine was installed today Humax PVR-H100S. Apparently after 2 year of paying the extra 140baht a month we will own the box outright.

True called again today, so we took the deal. They will Install it on November 9th. It is definitely the PVR. They said it is because we have been subscribers for more than 5 years.