• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Salesdown 60 Percent

gotlost

Salesdown 60 Percent

You're a right little Prophet of Doom aren't you gotlost!

Life is all about peaks and dips in every possible aspect. Always has been, always will be. Right now we're in a Dip, which by the way, WILL be followed by a Peak, guaranteed! 100% Of course sales are down, the world is running on half steam right now if you hadn't noticed?

Oh well, I'm sure this 'stating the expected' will probably get a couple of pages from those with ideas on how to increase sales when no one is spending …..

Aitch

About 30% would be my guess. If there are no political problems and swine flu stays like it is, it will be a decent high season, but not a great one. However, we now also have a yearly "smoky season" to deal with. High season has almost been cut in half. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

People with business in CM which depend somewhat on tourist trade seem to mention 40 % +_ 5 % in discussion. I think that the self inflicted shots to foot by Thailand, media hype concerning flu, pollution, and the world economy, have probably hastened the decline of tourists. Since international travel became affordable/dependable, employees were given adequate vacation time to travel, credit card debt became acceptable, etc several countries have become flavor of the year for holiday makers. Thailand has had a shot for a time but does not offer competition in enough areas to do more than postpone the inevitable, People get bored doing the same thing after a while and Thailand does not seem to be able to compete with other Asian Cities for shopping (quality products), gambling etc. Just an opinion as I am not a tourism authority.

About 30% would be my guess. If there are no political problems and swine flu stays like it is, it will be a decent high season, but not a great one. However, we now also have a yearly "smoky season" to deal with. High season has almost been cut in half. :)

Fortuantly for Chiang Mai I dont think the "smoky season" has had any wide spread media coverage in other countries. I only assume this as a few friends from different countries have never mentioned it. If it did receive a lot of attention then it would be the "kiss of death" Perhaps the new Mayor will make it his priority ????