Canon G10........

The Vulcan

I'm raising funds for my Leica S2 :) so a few things have to go!

First up is my G10:- I'll offer it here first then off to Ebay if no takers

DESCRIPTION

Canon Powershot G10 14.7 megapixels with 2 SD cards - Only 6 months old and gently used with less than 700 shots recorded. Still under warranty. Mint condition with no marks, scratches or scuffs. ALWAYS fitted with a LCD protective screen. Comes complete with all original software, charger, leads and boxed. Includes a generic carry case. Comes with standard 2Gb SD card AND an additional 8Gb Kingston SD card.

Thb 14,950 ovno.

This would cost you Thb 18,00 plus carry case plus additional card so quite a saving

Pictures of the actual item

Edited by The Vulcan

• 3 weeks later...
But what are you really saving for...?

Seriously, I've just ordered a GF-1 with a 20mm f1.7, EVF and the adapter to use my Contax G Lenses on it. That'll give me the 35mm equivalent of a 40, 90 and 180mm lens kit.

I'll keep my Contax G2 for my film fetish. I have a 20, 28, 45 and 90mm kit

I've also got my Leica M6 TTL (uprated with MP finder) and 35mm lens which I'll keep.

And everything else is going! :)

The 5D and all the lenses, the 2 Hasselblad kits, the Rollei 6002 kit - all going - it's just too darn heavy and bulky to carry around and I find I'm just not shooting as much as I should. The weight thing in this heat is a trial. The reduced kit will fit in a small holdall and enable/encourage me to get out and about a lot more.

p.s. I'm on the look out for a Mamiya 7II with a 43mm lens to cover MF and round it all off a Rangefinder kit.

Edited by The Vulcan

Just the way I am thinking too. Very tempted to sell off my DLSR and go to smaller kit. I take my LX3 everywhere, I only take out my DSLR and lenses when there is a specific reason to go shooting; and I find the photos I get from the LX3 to be perfectly acceptable for the purposes I need them for. A move to a M43 system within the next year is the way to go, and the GF1 with the 1.7 lens is such a sweet combination. Looking forward to seeing some shots from the GF1!

By the way, are you getting the GF1 in Thailand? I mailed Panasonic and they said they were available here, but I have yet to spot one (just as well as I would probably buy it!).

Ordered from the USA from the same guy who does the adapters for the G lenses - made sense to get the lot from one source ESPECIALLY as it will also have an English language LCD!

On back order at the moment and I doubt it'll be here for a few months so belated Xmas present for the GF ............

.......... she hates photography so I guess I'll have to use it! :):D

Edited by The Vulcan

Just the way I am thinking too. Very tempted to sell off my DLSR and go to smaller kit. I take my LX3 everywhere, I only take out my DSLR and lenses when there is a specific reason to go shooting; and I find the photos I get from the LX3 to be perfectly acceptable for the purposes I need them for. A move to a M43 system within the next year is the way to go, and the GF1 with the 1.7 lens is such a sweet combination. Looking forward to seeing some shots from the GF1!

It's true - the weight and bulk of these DSLR's is a problem. My first love is my Harley Davidson. It's a dream to throw my rangefinder stuff over my shoulder and ride off somewhere. I can pack an overnight (or 2 or 3) bag and all my "light stuff" and ride off to my hearts content. OK, there ain't no room for the GF, but that's a bonus eh? :D

If I want to shoot with the big stuff then I have to use the car - and she's tags along as well!

Rangefinders win all ways round :)

Just the way I am thinking too. Very tempted to sell off my DLSR and go to smaller kit. I take my LX3 everywhere, I only take out my DSLR and lenses when there is a specific reason to go shooting; and I find the photos I get from the LX3 to be perfectly acceptable for the purposes I need them for.

I don't really blame you if 1DMk3 is the only dSLR you have. 1D/1Ds are simply too heavy for a field camera IMO. Can't you just get 5DMk2 without battery grip or is it not fast enough for you? Sigma DP1 is hardly a substitute for my EOS 5D.

It's true - the weight and bulk of these DSLR's is a problem. My first love is my Harley Davidson. It's a dream to throw my rangefinder stuff over my shoulder and ride off somewhere. I can pack an overnight (or 2 or 3) bag and all my "light stuff" and ride off to my hearts content. OK, there ain't no room for the GF, but that's a bonus eh? :)

I feel the same way about my HiFi set. Sometimes I feel I shouldn't have bought speakers that require 3 men to set up (50kg each with spikes).

:)

I've once considered buying Sigma's 300mm F2.8 when Fotofile had a second hand unit in very mint condition. I held back the thought when I thought about how often my 70-200mm F2.8L gets to leave my house (these days not even once a year). You should get a 5DMk2 with 24-105mm F4L for everyday camera or perhaps even a cropped sensor EOS with EF-S lens.

I've had the 300mm less than a year and already taken more than 6,000 shots with it. I have the 70-200mm and also use it a lot for sports, but the images from the 300mm are so gorgeous I use it wherever possible. I have the 24-105 as a walkaround lens but it is horribly soft wide open at F4; maybe a bad copy.

The below was taken hand held with a 1.4 extender on the 300mm at a round of the Indian National Rally Championship; amazing how high jeeps can jump!

The LX3 serves very well as a take anywhere camera.

post-3752-1258087614_thumb.jpg

Very sharp shot even with an extender. BTW I thought you already had 300mm F4L. Is F2.8L more suitable for sports? I thought it's just as sharp and lighter/smaller the better with fast moving subjects.

My 24-105 is extremely sharp from wide open. But then I can't compare it with 300mm F2.8L.

Very sharp shot even with an extender. BTW I thought you already had 300mm F4L. Is F2.8L more suitable for sports? I thought it's just as sharp and lighter/smaller the better with fast moving subjects.

My 24-105 is extremely sharp from wide open. But then I can't compare it with 300mm F2.8L.

I had the F4 and it was great; the F2.8 is even better. Faster focus and better colours, contrast and sharpness.

• 1 month later...

Just "bumping" this as Panasonic GF-1 soon to arrive and G10 surplus to requirements.

Superb camera but I so want a GF-1 to use my Zeiss lenses on.

Price now reduced to Thb 13,000 plus PP and Paypal if you choose this route

DESCRIPTION

Canon Powershot G10 14.7 megapixels with 2 SD cards - Only 6 months old and gently used with less than 700 shots recorded. Still under warranty. Mint condition with no marks, scratches or scuffs. ALWAYS fitted with a LCD protective screen. Comes complete with all original software, charger, leads and boxed. Includes a generic carry case. Comes with standard 2Gb SD card AND an additional 8Gb Kingston SD card.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...