Uk Gone Nuts

palusa

Because of family reasons i have to stay in the UK for a while, things are so politicaly correct and some laws so stupid just for the crack i would like to start a "UK gone nuts" topic, its not meant to offend its just a crack. eg:

1. (Daily Mail Saturday morning) Man taken to court and fined and fined for phycologicaly damaging a cow by not leaving an electric light on at night.

2. BBC today. Lady in Scotland threatened with thousands of pounds fine from the Performing Rights Society", threat was withdrawn), because of singing as she stacked shelves

3. On many UK news sites. Man from Bulgaria had his repatriation to Bulgaria stopped because of hardship of his feelings because he was joint owner of a cat in the UK and would miss it.

Check on these they are not jokes they are real events, bugger cant wait to get out and back to semi sane Thailand.

A mate has just sent me this from the web site, "Political Correctness- The Awful Truth", under the "Compensation Culture" heading

In Blackburn, the council has banned backstroke in a local swimming pool because of concerns that swimmers may crash into each other. Many schools no longer allow children to play conkers for fear they will get hurt, and in Crudwell, Wiltshire, one primary school banished home-made cakes from its fete after the council raised fears over food poisoning. Derby County Council advises schools to cancel trips if it is too sunny for fear that children will get sunburned. Oh, and don't forget Hertfordshire County Council which dictates that parents must not provide their children with goggles for swimming lessons — in case they spring back and hit the little darlings in the face. The fear of a lawsuit or losing their job has led many teachers to behave in completely ludicrous ways